Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpedo

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
Here's the mysterious woman hat, this one I did wear today for church for Easter services- though I must remove the hat when singing onstage with my fellow choir members. It stayed in the green room then.

Gorgeous! I would say since you are frequenting here, we the guys are feeling like we must redouble our efforts! :eusa_clap

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Happy Easter all...Wore my PB Panama!:D
cj-pbp-easter3.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
Torpedo said:
Gorgeous! I would say since you are frequenting here, we the guys are feeling like we must redouble our efforts! :eusa_clap
CC...while I definitely agree with the posts lauding your ensemble, I must disagree with Torpedo (except for the "gorgeous" statement.. While the dress may work, the shawl/scarf/whatchamacallit, is certainly not my color. Besides, "redouble" for me is an aloha shirt over my t-shirt.

Seriously, would be remiss if I didn't post and compliment you. Very nice :)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you gentlemen...

You are all very kind. Its truly a pleasure to be here. I'm delighted that I am being accepted into the FL Men's Club Room here, so to speak. I'll try not to turn the pages of my vintage Life magazine too loudly! (hm... note to self:will have to try adding vintage mz as a prop in a future photo op)

'Oh, yes- I'd like a gin and tonic please, and thank you...' (someone to take my order in the Club Room just came by) Okay- so I didn't know if I could order a champagne cocktail here- I had a sip of a "real" martini once, it was horrible... Maybe Nora Charles could do it, but not me!

:eek:fftopic:
As the makeup artist gentleman who was with those of us singing, dancing, and dramatizing with the Worship, Media and Creative Arts dept at our church for all the services and rehearsals these last two weekends, said to me today "You're the colorful one.":) He saw the Vintage or Vintage-inspired garb and fancy vintage hats I wore in each day... Our WMCA Pastor was standing next to me at the time, looked at me and said "Oh yeah, she's the colorful one alright."

I got the awesome opportunity to help the makeup man when we had to get the church member who portrayed Jesus readied for the crucifixion scenes at our two Good Friday services. Yowza! Next year I also want to volunteer for the Makeup team besides being the church's Costume Mistress and of course being a member of the choir.

to TORPEDO and all the rest, please there is no need to redouble- the men on FL are just about the best dressed and definitely the best hatted gents ANYWHERE!! OKAY, the men in our local Art Deco Society are all really pretty sharp dressers too- its definitely a tie! And y'all have gorgeous vintage ties...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
ColbyJ, what is the PB...

stand for please? I'm assuming that is a brand name? My DD is watching me type here while eating apple pie and ice cream and said it means peanut butter or photobucket. She says its a peanutbutterpanama...

Colby Jack said:
Happy Easter all...Wore my PB Panama!:D
cj-pbp-easter3.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
switching from wool felts to warm weather hats...

is it still okay to wear the cool season hats, do I get to wear them until Labor Day- like waiting till then to bring out the suede bucks for guys?? Just wondering...:rolleyes:

"Ah, the straw hats that bloom in the spring tra la..."
Okay so a mood struck-(as my teenage DD would say) deal with it...lol

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
Great hat Handlebarless, but how do you keep it clean? I would have that dirty just looking at it!:eek:

Goose that homburg works!

Handlebarlesslol lol lol
Thanks Indy, Jimmy and RBH. IC, I give it a good brushing every so often and it has stayed nice and clean.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
stand for please? I'm assuming that is a brand name? My DD is watching me type here while eating apple pie and ice cream and said it means peanut butter or photobucket. She says its a peanutbutterpanama...
chanteuseCarey...
IC was right with that...It's a Panama Bob. It worked out fairly well for the warm Easter day...Though I'm still in search of something really light weight for the hotter days coming soon...:D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
You two are looking great Indycop:eusa_clap
Tumwater Hat Co. for me today

easter018.jpg

Very sharp, Bart. It's almost time for me to call Tony again. The man makes a fine hat, and he's a heck of a guy to work with and talk with.

Dundee

A-List Customer
Worn to see the troops off.

I wore my trench and Camp Draft to see our local troops off this morning. It was very windy and rainy. I used my wind trolly today for the first time. It works. One gentleman in town ended up chasing his hat accross the street.

DCP_3299.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda