Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Doesn't work all the time with me either. Nice work on crown. How bout a birds eye pic of the top?
Here ya'go
6182223fe574543f04a695b6a1df908d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
P. & C. Habig Wien probably mid 1950s.

27750338381_5c512462bc_c.jpg

27214087124_2499dc6607_c.jpg

I knew it before I even was able to observe this one of yours...another drop dead beauty from you. My Husband thinks we should find some old ugly hat and send it to you so you can have at least one hat that is not so darn pretty! You and Alan seem to be able to find some of the most handsome hats around!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
My very first hat bought 2 yrs ago. Recent production Stetson "Latte" (Shantung) Milan. If I only knew then what I kno now! :)
2a9dad86c2bb9f69dd9e08a08b4f5a38.jpg
2b68e1dbb09465a78f08434721842833.jpg
4e6e32b5c5ea7ce494fa9407c6fabe4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It still looks good, like new, and actually that hat is nicer than many other hats made by Stetson that are "straw" or can I say Plastic as well? They do make them as I know...we have a plastic hat here. Oh it looks like a Milan...but I think they actually made it from recycled pop bottles!

I knew it before I even was able to observe this one of yours...another drop dead beauty from you. My Husband thinks we should find some old ugly hat and send it to you so you can have at least one hat that is not so darn pretty! You and Alan seem to be able to find some of the most handsome hats around!
Thanks! I have a lot of hats to pick from. :)

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I hope all you fellas had a wonderful Father's Day!

Today is another Falcon Park Hattery, a granite gem made by Parker. This was my first "new" hat years ago, so the brim is on the shorter side of my collection, just over 2 1/8".

2eb0dbef-ad0a-410e-9714-1e02cf717011.jpg
lcons
Are the Falcons still being made? It has been awhile since his hats have surfaced, I should check his website. THAT hat looks really nice on you.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Hot, humid and big wind meant cap weather for activities today. A Cordova Cap in linen was a perfect choice. Two of my gymnasts celebrated High School graduations today. I went to celebrations they held. Today I am a proud coach.

i-fhXzrjt-M.jpg

i-xXFjgMJ-M.jpg

Cheers to all contributors, Eric -
That looks very rich for a Linen hat! I was just conversing asking about an Ivory Wool material from Johnny and he said how about a Linen material and I said no....NOW I am thinking maybe it would be a smart move for a Linen hat. Hard to find a cap so nice!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks Cindy -- I have to agree. Now if I can find a truly vintage one ...
We had one that was a never worn hat...super nice like the day it was made and when we had a money crunch, we sold it to Landman (he has not posted lately) but this one hat was in the original box, had a onion paper sleeve on the hat itself, had the original price tag on it, sales papers and a display price tag on the thin ribbon, and had some factory wrap paper on the inside of the hat. Hat was sold new, I think September 1958 and that hat now we wished we would have kept. The Grandpa owned it and never even tried the hat on. He passed and the family did nothing with the hat for a long time..then put it on eBay for a song and dance price. And it was 7 1/2 LO Buy it now for about a hundred and just listed. Yes...I LEAPED on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn