Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Akubra CD in Silverbelly, what a nice hat.

Tried to get into Bob Roberts ballpark, didnt work for me.
8574689a2deff406e5d295d5ac4edbbb.jpg
3551176c634e226d2c5770c4715bfb99.jpg
1aa2ae3d143f54352e5f9db96716eaf9.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Doesn't work all the time with me either. Nice work on crown. How bout a birds eye pic of the top?

Happy summer to all.

There were many types of fine straw hats for summer wear, but the hats from Ecuador seem to be our favorite or at least the type we know best. They are still available today and the incredible skill and travails of the weavers are well documented. In many ways I prefer the lighter Asian straws. I'd like to know more about how they were made. I have acquired quite a few hats from Montecristi over the years. Almost all are in the traditional or optimo crease. Within this narrow classification, they are remarkably different in weave quality, fineness and form. This is not the most finely woven, but I think it is the most beautiful of the bunch. Acquired from the collection of a long time Lounge member with impeccable taste.

062116_1.jpg

062116_2.jpg

062116_3.jpg

Happy summer to all.

There were many types of fine straw hats for summer wear, but the hats from Ecuador seem to be our favorite or at least the type we know best. They are still available today and the incredible skill and travails of the weavers are well documented. In many ways I prefer the lighter Asian straws. I'd like to know more about how they were made. I have acquired quite a few hats from Montecristi over the years. Almost all are in the traditional or optimo crease. Within this narrow classification, they are remarkably different in weave quality, fineness and form. This is not the most finely woven, but I think it is the most beautiful of the bunch. Acquired from the collection of a long time Lounge member with impeccable taste.

062116_1.jpg

062116_2.jpg

062116_3.jpg

Right off the TOP SHELF, Alan!! What do you think is the age of this hat?

Well matched to that great shirt, too!

Right off the TOP SHELF, Alan!! What do you think is the age of this hat?

Well matched to that great shirt, too!

Thanks Charlie... I think 1940s-1950s, but only a guess.

And I must say Alan, you're rocking the tropical shirts lately.

Perry, thank you. I have quite a lot of these that I'd like to wear more. I bought most of them because I admired the printing and the patterns. Never was sure that it was a good look on me. There is a lot of good inspiration around here, with you at the top of that list.

Thanks Charlie... I think 1940s-1950s, but only a guess.

Perry, thank you. I have quite a lot of these that I'd like to wear more. I bought most of them because I admired the printing and the patterns. Never was sure that it was a good look on me. There is a lot of good inspiration around here, with you at the top of that list.
Never fear Alan, the look fits you fine. If you can wear your hats like you do, you'll have no problem with Aloha shirts.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey people!
My other buntal project, which I now suspect to be Balibuntal from the weave pattern. If it is, it would make the name I gave it, the Indonesia Jones, a little more appropriate. Except, of course, for the teeny little fact that the Bali referred to is not the island in Indonesia but a corruption of a town name in the Philippines...darn you The Free Dictionary! I thought I'd accidentally got something right!
Anyhoo,

8672f0031b0090af37186447be6cbeab.jpg
11e76c9b13ef96ce1c2466f8ef6dee51.jpg

I feel like I should have a machete on my belt and an old map in hand when I wear this one.
Off to adventure! Have a great day.:)

Hey people!
My other buntal project, which I now suspect to be Balibuntal from the weave pattern. If it is, it would make the name I gave it, the Indonesia Jones, a little more appropriate. Except, of course, for the teeny little fact that the Bali referred to is not the island in Indonesia but a corruption of a town name in the Philippines...darn you The Free Dictionary! I thought I'd accidentally got something right!
Anyhoo,

8672f0031b0090af37186447be6cbeab.jpg
11e76c9b13ef96ce1c2466f8ef6dee51.jpg

I feel like I should have a machete on my belt and an old map in hand when I wear this one.
Off to adventure! Have a great day.:)
Don't get lost Moe. At least you have a nice hat if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn