Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Hey everyone!
Thanks for the likes and comments. Always appreciated.
Today, a freshly tweaked bunral project that I call "The Survivor" due to what I had to do to get all the glue and crud off of it from when it was a ladies' hat. And all the further abuse I put it through making it into this. It has a different weave pattern on the crown than my WWII era hat, and after seeing the crown of Alan's Balibuntal the other day, I have a sneaky suspicion that it could be of that variety of the straw.

fcd3b3d5bf2b53aef31ecf5e0ec914d6.jpg
000b62b2f20235f051caef8c15e30142.jpg
1ebf445c3bafb01ff65828dabd62101d.jpg

Have a great day!:)

Hey now!!
There aren't enough ladies wearing hats and you go off doing that??

Just kidding!
Great job!!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Tanks everyone!
AnA, it is a fine weave closer to a Panama rather than a braid.
Esther, if a lady were wearing it, I wouldn't have been able to buy it! So hard to find buntal hats made for men, converting them s easier...but I understand your concern. I wish more ladies wore nice hats too!:)
Bama, I consider these straws to be works of art before they are even blocked. I couldn't imagine the skill needed to weave one

Well, those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer are upon us. Why is this man such a happy man? Because he's wearing his new Gannon Silvermist! It finally got over 5 minutes of head time today, as I wore it for the drive from Dayton to our Columbus office. Steamed a bash into it before I left this AM. Very easy to work with this beaver felt, and it fits perfectly.

Picture15.jpg
Picture13.jpg
Picture14.jpg

Aaaah! That new hat smell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo