Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
My Akubra Woomera OC has arrived. Trying it on for fit.

2dsqx04.jpg
Thats a cool, cool hat !!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Ever since, I've wanted a Bowling shirt that said, "Merle."

I had a bowling shirt that I picked up in a thrift (this was in the 1980s) that said "Ralph" and "Marshfield Casket Company". I thought it was "kewl" until someone asked me if I worked there. :rolleyes:

My Akubra Woomera OC has arrived. Trying it on for fit.

That's a hat Jack! (Should there be a comma in there?)

Looks good so far. How are you going to crease it?

Thats a cool, cool hat !!

How are you going to crease it?
Thanks guys! When I ordered it I had been wanting a symmetrically round hat with a 4" brim & a 6"+ crown to try my hand at a deep telescoping horseshoe crease. I'm thinking the crease will eat up a lot of real estate so that's where I settled on the Woomera with a 6.7" crown.

2ymc021.jpg

If that fails my satisfaction I will probably go with a deep crease like originated with Cavalry hats. I already have several hats with creases that require tall crowns like the Tom Mix & Montana Peak creases.

xmpv0y.jpg

Even the crease TJ uses on some of his conversions would work great on a Woomera. I'd like to see what he could do with one.

abkyrn.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Some evenings you feel like a cap, some days you don't.

I am heading out shortly to meet some guitar buddies, dinner and listen to an up-tempo acoustic jazz trio's music this evening. I am wearing a Simonds Cap, a vtg. Pendleton Topster jacket, chinos and black gunboats (long wingtips) for the evening.

i-zCns7CH-M.jpg

i-6zVpjdF-M.jpg

i-s3RxSpd-S.jpg
i-cvNVGWK-S.jpg

Hoping to transcend daily rhythms with some uptempo swing in a natural synthesis with the cool evening.

Working on being vibrant, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Cavanagh Boater Week, Day 5

I just received a new summer sport coat from Etsy! The pattern looks so much better in person than it did in the listing! You like?

ed307be6-df8f-470e-85d6-d9935b5f533b.jpg

18132d2a-cf7f-49a7-ac66-fa6fa464fc6a.jpg

That is very sharp. I bet you can wear that often without "wearing out it's welcome," by pairing it with different shirt/tie combinations. To each their own - but I see a classy 50's pattern that begs primary wool colored ties.

Well done sir.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Cavanagh Boater Week, Day 5

I just received a new summer sport coat from Etsy! The pattern looks so much better in person than it did in the listing! You like?

ed307be6-df8f-470e-85d6-d9935b5f533b.jpg

18132d2a-cf7f-49a7-ac66-fa6fa464fc6a.jpg

Definitely like the jacket and the whole combo. I have a similar sort of jacket

P1180560 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

And I see it''s over a month since last I wore it. Maybe if the cool weather sticks here I'll take it out for a spin tomorrow. I see I was bopping the boater when I last had it out too, though not as nice of a boater as your Cavanagh, or your Knox.
6-3-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I do! I had a very similar sport coat that was new in 1978. Wish I would have kept it, but it would not come close to fitting nowadays. Great boater too!

Thanks, Bob. This might be it! It's definitely late '70s early '80s. The lapels looked wider in the Etsy listing, so I'm glad they weren't too wide. Wide lapels can be cheesy, but these work really well with this pattern.

That is very sharp. I bet you can wear that often without "wearing out it's welcome," by pairing it with different shirt/tie combinations. To each their own - but I see a classy 50's pattern that begs primary wool colored ties. Well done sir.

I definitely plan to wear this quite a bit! :) I walked in my closet the other day and realized that the majority of my suits and sport coats were dark, even the lightweight ones. I only had one light colored (cream) sport coat and one light grey suit. Everything else was of a darker grey and navy blue. So I also bought a super nice light blue jacket that's on the way as I type! Can't wait to show it off, as well.

This coat really stood out, so since I've never really worn plaid before, I took a chance. Score for me! ;) I have a taupe colored tie that will really "tie" in nicely with the taupe lines in the pattern.

Definitely like the jacket and the whole combo. I have a similar sort of jacket

Nice one, Michael. I like those bucks! The jacket is great. Your boater looks like a Ponte Rialto, one of my go-to casual lids, in which I'll wear it with khakis or shorts and a polo.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I like!

A photo from last week, with my Dad in New Hampshire.

TLV2016.jpg

and today, back in the office.

071516.jpg

Great Photo Alan , I see the resemblance , but you have the Movie Star thing going on from your Mom , she looked like she stepped out of Hollywood ! Classic Beauty like your lovely Wife ! Looks like a Wonderful Trip ! NH is a Great Place and so Peaceful in Most Parts .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails