Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
3465071735_d28d65aba2.jpg

You are stylin' wild, carter! Nice look!

GWD

One Too Many
carter said:
I'm lovin' the straws as felt season slips away but must confess that Rusty's Marathon and Douglas's Featherweight are real beauties. It seems that the straw season(s) just keep getting longer here in Texas.
Today I'm sportin' last summer's multi-colored straw (I think it's actually polypropolyne) from Stetson. I like the vibe.
3465071735_d28d65aba2.jpg

Check out Carter the trend setter! Very Nice! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

RBH

Bartender
DOUGLAS said:
That hat looks great RBH!!
Thanks Mr D.. you have been wearing some mighty fine thin ribbons of late.

Thanks so much for the kind remarks everyone!

I have to single out Michaelshane, that straw is fantastic! :eusa_clap
And after the thin ribbon congrats... Douglas you mix it up with a wide one... I LIKE IT!!!:eusa_clap

Carter... you make that straw work!! Great look!

Indy.. what in the world are you washing? Like the hat... looks natural on you!

Mr P I really like the looks of the Colony... very nice!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Indy.. what in the world are you washing? Like the hat... looks natural on you!
No washing, I was using it to strip old peeling paint off the roof of the carport.:)I had to spray pretty much overhead so I was going to get wet. The hat is from Palerider hat company and is the same as a sunbody but has a waxy coating so it easily takes water on. It's the kenny chesney model.

Lookin good Gene!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Michaelshane said:
Looks like your wearing my shoo's

Yeah, Ha! I just went back through and noticed that. You and your shoes look great in that on-location shot you posted. :eusa_clap

-----------------------

Carter, man, you're the best! That hat would be a reach for some but a total winner with you under it.

Douglas, the last several days worth of your hat and outfit shots have been an education and a pleasure.

Mr. Paladin, I really - I mean really - like the look of that Stetson on you. Ideal proportions, in my opinion, and a versatile looking color. A tip of the hat to you, my friend!

Indy, I'd like to say something nice but you just reminded me of all the chores I've been putting off around here. Way to make me look bad, pal!!:rage: lol

Paul_M

New in Town
I have three hats at the moment. A waxed cotton Barbour (for rainy days), a Marks and Sparks fedora (wool felt), and a black Olney fur felt fedora. The marks and sparks one is on at the moment, as it might rain, and I don't really want to get the olney wet just yet.
As a matter of interest, has anyone tried spraying their felt hats with something like scotch guard to protect against the elements ?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Paul_M said:
As a matter of interest, has anyone tried spraying their felt hats with something like scotch guard to protect against the elements ?

Hello Paul,

I don't know that much about modern fur felt hats but the vintage ones seem to hold up very well in rain without any treating. In my opinion, the better quality the hat the tougher it is, even though our tendencies would be to protect a high quality, expensive hat. Modern fur felt might shrink if rained on and I have no experience treating them with protective sprays or the like.

I wore wool fedoras for years in all types of weather - and now that you reminded me, I did treat them a couple times with CampDry, a water repellent. That's probably why mine didn't crumple up from all the dousings they received over the seasons.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
40s tilt, entire outfit

Suitably attired for tea in the rear garden today.
The hat, purse and blouse are vintage.
Behind me is a small section of white Rosa. "Sally Holmes",
the small pink is Rosa. "Cornelia".
362297554.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
Douglas, Man, you are rockin' the house with this one. Great Playboy! I liked your earleir Borso as well.

gene, Thanks for posting a couple of super straws. You've made a science out of casual!

Mr. P., Whay am I not surprised that you went back for the Colony? ;) Nice job on that crease, It looks good on you. Nice Chatham as well but I particularly like the lighter color of the Colony. I wouldn't change the ribbon. It's just fine.

chanteuseCarey, I love roses. Nice.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Stack. One of the lightest and softest felts I've ever had. It rivals my '34 playboy. I can crease it just by blowing on it (no joking). Grosgrain sweatband. Self felt band.

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg
IMG_3518.jpg

3130_75699100908_630485908_1600473_.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful Dman. I have a Mallory with similar qualities. Yours look very comfortable. Does the brim hold its shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80