Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Inspired by Moehawk, my Tiger Special.

090916.jpg
WOW!
the hat AND the background...

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Day off today to work the Oktoberfest celebration at the Louisville German-American Club today (I know it's early; but we have to do this so we don't have it on the same day as Cincinnati). Gotta look sharp: The mayor will be there to tap the keg for the opening ceremony. I personally think he's kind of a horse's ass; but it was nice of him to do this for us. Note to myself: Think twice about calling someone else a horse's ass when dressed in lederhosen.

Anyway, wearing a Biltmore Golden Phesand velour with a badger brush.

_DSC1631-sm.jpg
_DSC1636-sm.jpg
_DSC1635-sm.jpg

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Day off today to work the Oktoberfest celebration at the Louisville German-American Club today (I know it's early; but we have to do this so we don't have it on the same day as Cincinnati). Gotta look sharp: The mayor will be there to tap the keg for the opening ceremony. I personally think he's kind of a horse's ass; but it was nice of him to do this for us. Note to myself: Think twice about calling someone else a horse's ass when dressed in lederhosen.

Anyway, wearing a Biltmore Golden Phesand velour with a badger brush.

View attachment 56364 View attachment 56365 View attachment 56366

Getting ready for Octoberfest ? Always be prepared ... .

Sonero

Practically Family
Floyd Fedora by Country Gentlemen. Hats.com for $55.

At first I was put off by the shape of the crown. It sits really high up for such a stingy brim but after reshaping the brim upwards a little I came to like it. Not bad quality either for the price.

The main thing that attracted me to this model was the triple/overlap of the grosgrain ribbon. I think Borsalino has hats where it is done 3 times over as well. It adds an elegant touch to the design IMO.

Definitely a guido look for me which is where I tend to lean anyway :)

Photo on 9-9-16 at 11.49 AM.jpg
Photo on 9-9-16 at 11.54 AM #2.jpg
Photo on 9-9-16 at 11.53 AM #2.jpg
Photo on 9-9-16 at 11.52 AM #2.jpg

Sonero

Practically Family
Dobbs shantung "Bishop." Milan weave brim. Florentine weave crown.
314367e07da8e53a3e5cb4b3f425bbc3.jpg
a4ff4a8265605336b66076e2416eea3f.jpg
90227f101b65382943f4b8074216e72e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I can't get enough of those glasses. Too Pimp.

Did you order them directly from the german website or do you know of a store in your area that carries Cazal ? They are sometimes very hard to find. If you don't mind please message me where you bought them. I am interested !

Thanks

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I can't get enough of those glasses. Too Pimp.

Did you order them directly from the german website or do you know of a store in your area that carries Cazal ? They are sometimes very hard to find. If you don't mind please message me where you bought them. I am interested !

Thanks
PM sent.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
HatsRme - I loved the photos with the little ones. You look TOTALLY in you element. Wonderful. Great hat here as well.

Esther - Great ribbon on that hat. Looks awesome.

Today I have on my brand spankin' new Gannon Whiskey.

View attachment 56330 View attachment 56331
Welcome to the Gannon Brotherhood Bruno !!!great hat

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

EstherWeis

Vendor
Esther - Great ribbon on that hat. Looks awesome.

Thank you, it's pure silk grosgrain. Beautiful, it costs an arm and leg, but so very worth it in my opinion.
I struggle with putting ribbon on beaver felt.
the beaver I buy is so very expensive and I can get a wide array of pure silk ribbon that I prefer spending that little more to make sure it's perfect.

And that hat has been through the ringer. And it holds up like no other.
One of my favourites.

Great hat yourself, not that I'm surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy