Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Maiden Voyage for the Federation IV. It is supposed to be a cold and rainy day. We will put this hat to the test! Have a joyous and peaceful day everyone!
fbd5b2471e9e55b890df20b9f85f63bb.jpg
607075637cbb713d4e441d71b67d98d3.jpg
23c3ed3316a9258af0586fff6b310fa0.jpg
11993b3047db0eb63b309a44bf35f0c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great crease on that one, D!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I must say that I am sorry not to respond often to your comments.
I enjoy reading what you write about me or about the hats worn
I'm not shy, grumpy and lazy even, much less snooty
I have only one big problem: the language spoken on this forum is not my own and I often find myself in difficulty processing my answers.
I would like to do, but often stumble into the language and lost the right moment everything becomes less interesting, also because our reading times are staggered.
You get up out of bed and I go to lunch :rolleyes:
I ask you to understand and do not think me lazy or uninterested.
It's just a matter of speed and appropriateness in the language ........
I will be doing my best to keep alive the flame of European headgear (you know I am in good company, but few are with me in my "crusade" in the Old Continent).
Before to go to bed I thank you and I will try to be more ......live on stage o_O

I think everyone here loves your pictures and your posts, Daniele. I know I do. You do very well with English as a second language and you add so much to this forum with your knowledge and experience, as well as your brotherly spirit!

You certainly speak better English than I do Italian. I've studied German, Tongan, Niuean and Spanish. About all the Italian I know is enough to order some prosciutto, bread and wine at a deli or bistro. I still maintain that the best vacation I ever took was in Italy. I didn't want to go back home. I actually looked for U.S. Dept of Defense civilian jobs to try and land one before my 3 weeks was up.

So, please, continue to brighten our fall days with your posts full of fine hats and friendly banter. :)

I must say that I am sorry not to respond often to your comments...
I have only one big problem: the language spoken on this forum is not my own and I often find myself in difficulty processing my answers...

Understood Daniele, but your writing is fine and with the photographs, your thoughts and opinions are beautifully clear and well stated. I think I speak for everyone in saying that the effort you take to share your collection here is enjoyed and much appreciated!

(and I should have known that I could simply +1 a response posted quicker than mine!)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Understood Daniele, but your writing is fine and with the photographs, your thoughts and opinions are beautifully clear and well stated. I think I speak for everyone in saying that the effort you take to share your collection here is enjoyed and much appreciated!

(and I should have known that I could simply +1 a response posted quicker than mine!)

I agree with Alan, Daniele - your English is excellent and I always value your contributions here, both your thoughts and the photos of your hat collection.

I'm good with languages myself; as my LinkedIn profile states, I speak English, American and Texan. Must confess, I'm still learning the Texan.

Cheers!
David - 21st Century Man

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Well said Alan.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I agree with Alan, Daniele - your English is excellent and I always value your contributions here, both your thoughts and the photos of your hat collection.

I'm good with languages myself; as my LinkedIn profile states, I speak English, American and Texan. Must confess, I'm still learning the Texan.

Cheers!
David - 21st Century Man
+1. :)

Bigger Don

Practically Family
ripple in the sweat will give away if any shrinkage has taken place

could happen ... and I'm sure it does ... I've never experienced felt shrinkage only sweat shrinkage

From what I've read here, it's not uncommon for older hats. The one with which I have experience is about 30 years old. The sweat is in great shape but I hear creaking when I put in the stretcher. (It's slowly keeping its 7 5/8 size for longer periods now.) Also from what I've read here, that is the felt. The sweat band is in great shape.

I've seen a crown taper ... but never felt shrink where it changes the size of the hat

Maybe someone else will pipe in with their experience and knowledge.

loose ribbon could also just be the result of a poorly made hat

It seems to be a well made hat. It's from Christy's of London.

and I think you mean the break ... where the crown meets the brim
That's the word! My perception is a flange is key to setting the break, hence my confusion of terms.

Still learning so much! Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy