Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wind gusts up to 50 mph and falling snow had our local schools and businesses closing early. Home early shoveling snow in a Monsivais Cap. No brimmed fedora could stay on my head in tonights winds.

i-CXgmBwN-S.jpg

Living in a snowy wonderland this evening, Eric -

Last edited:

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I'd like to compare that in person to one of my Playboys. They seem very close.

Although today I'm taking the opportunity of today's gift of warm weather to wear my unlined Playboy before retiring it until pitchers & catchers report.

644c69a08c88b3db47a0b57ccd61126c.jpg

Earlier this week, the dentist. Today, the DMV. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Smart man. Load the most suffering into the shortest period of time. Get it over with. Great hat, Jim.

This was the light going home 2 and half hours ago (1.30 PM)
2nqcgtj.jpg

No light, foggy and humid. No sky
1zc38jp.jpg

Fifth Borsalino of the week dedicated to "Antica Casa di Alessandria"
1zg9puo.jpg

It was non in good shape when arrived
ibz4ew.jpg

It was restored in the US. Bob at BSHW did a wonderful work
2dqvr05.jpg

New blue ribbon (the old one was grey) with original design of the bow and sweatband made in USA
11qu5vp.jpg

Grey felts Qualità Superiore, light and supple with brim finished with three stitches for the Friday Borsalino
I have also another copy of this hat in the original Borsalino "dress".
I will show one of these days

Thanks a loto for the likes on the grey and short hair Borsalino of yesterday
Buon Venerdì
I do like the blue ribbon/grey combo. Wonderful, as ever!

Time constraints this week have left me out of the loop 'o likes, and unable to comment yet, but I'll be back...

After the Celtics game, wondering who came FIRST, me, or him? Him, actually, based on the song of "Charlie on the MTA" written in 1949. Pardon the funny face, but it's all I have!
My hat: 1955 Stetson Deluxe. His hat: ???, but he HAS a hat!!
View attachment 60545
That is a great place for a hat photo!

Thanks so much for the nice comments on yesterday's post. It's a gift of a day here in Buffalo, which calls for a gift of a hat. Have a wonderful weekend, all.

111816_1.jpg

111816_2.jpg

111816_3.jpg

111816_4.jpg

ps... the brown hat that lives in my living room is another Stetson clear nutria - bigger and furrier than this one.
Wow! That is a real show piece! Love the decor in the living room. Wish I could talk my wife into something like that.

That is a great place for a hat photo!

Thanks, Red! I thought so, too. I never knew Charlie was a hat person. And, for the history-hound in you, here's the background of Charlie on the MTA, from Wiki. The final paragraph describes the poster behind me

"M.T.A.", often called "The MTA Song", is a 1949 song by Jacqueline Steiner and Bess Lomax Hawes. Known informally as "Charlie on the MTA", the song's lyrics tell an absurd tale of a man named Charlie trapped on Boston's subway system, until 1964 known as the Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA). The song was originally recorded as a mayoral campaign song for Progressive Party candidate Walter A. O'Brien. A version of the song with the candidate's name changed became a 1959 hit when recorded and released by the Kingston Trio, an American folk singing group.[1]

The song has become so entrenched in
Boston lore that the Boston-area transit authority named its electronic card-based fare collection system the "CharlieCard" as a tribute to this song.[2] The transit organization, now called the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), held a dedication ceremony for the card system in 2004 which featured a performance of the song by the Kingston Trio and then-governor Mitt Romney.[

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Work today was fine. Had a pretty super time kicking back with some friends for some face to face fellowship this evening. So it was fitting that my day ended under a Knox Superfine homburg as my second hat 'o the day.

A couple of days ago Jeff aka bowlerman posted his photo of his Resistol XXX Beaver that was taken in the dark. Since then, I've been thinking about the way hats look in artificial lighting in the dark. I suppose there are other things that I could be thinking about, but I doubt any would be any more important. Anyway...

IMG_20161118_181205-picsay.jpg
IMG_20161118_181211-picsay.jpg
IMG_20161118_181236-picsay.jpg
IMG_20161118_181253-picsay.jpg

Welcome to the weekend.

Thanks, Red! I thought so, too. I never knew Charlie was a hat person. And, for the history-hound in you, here's the background of Charlie on the MTA, from Wiki. The final paragraph describes the poster behind me

"M.T.A.", often called "The MTA Song", is a 1949 song by Jacqueline Steiner and Bess Lomax Hawes. Known informally as "Charlie on the MTA", the song's lyrics tell an absurd tale of a man named Charlie trapped on Boston's subway system, until 1964 known as the Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA). The song was originally recorded as a mayoral campaign song for Progressive Party candidate Walter A. O'Brien. A version of the song with the candidate's name changed became a 1959 hit when recorded and released by the Kingston Trio, an American folk singing group.[1]

The song has become so entrenched in
Boston lore that the Boston-area transit authority named its electronic card-based fare collection system the "CharlieCard" as a tribute to this song.[2] The transit organization, now called the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), held a dedication ceremony for the card system in 2004 which featured a performance of the song by the Kingston Trio and then-governor Mitt Romney.[
I remember the Kingston Trio version. It is cool to know the whole history. I'm a warehouse of useless historical facts, I'll let this one in the door. Thanks Buddy!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
The weatherman did not lie. The temp is 23 degrees colder that it was this morning and the wind is north and cruel. So I had to change to a new to me cap.
P1210666 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Opplandske Luefabrikk, Gjovic, Norway
P1210667 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Although I don't speak Norwegian I believe they were in business from 1927 to 1999.
P1210668 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I also decided to change to a vintage Schott belted car coat and some Ugg pile lined chukkas. Should have brought gloves.

P1210663 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Moehawk - That is one fine looking hat. But you should probably mention your desire to pet your Dinkelsbuhl, well I'll leave that up to you.:eek:

Michael
Crazy sweet cap and jacket! Lookin' great, Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff