Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
A lotta character in that bash.

Yeah? I push it around a little every few days so it knows who's the boss, but then I give it a free rein and let it wander around until it gets into trouble again.

Sir; Lovely fabric on your jacket. The hat and Filson vest are coordinating well.

Snow has only started. Local businesses and schools are closing early this afternoon. Not a lot is expected, just blowing and wet.

My sister lives a couple of hundred miles NW of you and she sent me pics of here yard yesterday and this morning. Yesterday was roses blooming, today looked to be about 3" of snow on the ground and another 3 in the air. Stay safe up there, that first snow makes for some very bad drivers.

It was too warm this morning for the Filson, so this is actually an Eddie Doherty handloomed Donegal tweed vest. It has now cooled off about 17 degrees and the Filson is entirely appropriate. And I also need to change to a hat with a wind trolly. Or to a cap, preferably with earflaps.

Thanks,
Michael

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Anthony, your brown and blue are neutral colors and won't clash. One color for an outfit has it's place, but lacks "splash." Anthony, you splash!

thank you Eric ... that is awfully kind of you.
I'm not very stylish or fashion forward as they say ... but I do take interest in articles sometimes written by these so called fashion gurus.... who I almost never agree with by the way ... and they always say ... no blue with brown ... I disagree and that is why I wrote what I wrote

I've never been one for rules

Nice, Anthony. My (only) Strat is basically the same color, but not nearly as well preserved s yours. Great hat and great crease that you put in it.

thanks!

it is a very interesting color
almost like my Whiskey colored hat or like what some companies cal Cognac
there is something gold about it ... with hints of a sort of clay color in the right light
very interesting

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
40s era Stratoliner in a unique tough to photograph color.
... and I love brown and blue together f#€% what you heard
7ebb8e4b797a6e47f9587cd473807281.jpg

89e5e78c4903e43c3ca3f7801b845838.jpg

3ade631812c5cacb2138734b96a2ecab.jpg

0764ce461cd24b5d920064972e0462f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smashing hat. From the photos it looks like it has a subtle rusty edge to it. Is that what you are getting at when you talk about its difficulty to photograph? (Nevermind the color ?. I think you addressed that in a post you made while I was drafting this one before I edited it)

Marvelous hat.

One thing confuses me though... what does "f#€%" mean & what language is it from????
It almost reminds me of the elvish script developed by Tolkien.

Enjoy.

40s era Stratoliner in a unique tough to photograph color.
... and I love brown and blue together f#€% what you heard

3ade631812c5cacb2138734b96a2ecab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to compare that in person to one of my Playboys. They seem very close.

Although today I'm taking the opportunity of today's gift of warm weather to wear my unlined Playboy before retiring it until pitchers & catchers report.

644c69a08c88b3db47a0b57ccd61126c.jpg

Earlier this week, the dentist. Today, the DMV. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Smashing hat. From the photos it looks like it has a subtle rusty edge to it. Is that what you are getting at when you talk about its difficulty to photograph? (Nevermind the color ?. I think you addressed that in a post you made while I was drafting this one before I edited it)

Marvelous hat.

One thing confuses me though... what does "f#€%" mean & what language is it from????
It almost reminds me of the elvish script developed by Tolkien.

Enjoy.
definitely a rust to it ... it changes pretty much in every light

and that means "Fact" .... fact is what I meant

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Thanks so much for the nice comments on yesterday's post. It's a gift of a day here in Buffalo, which calls for a gift of a hat. Have a wonderful weekend, all.

ps... the brown hat that lives in my living room is another Stetson clear nutria - bigger and furrier than this one.
Two gems!
Hm. Bigger you say?

EstherWeis

Vendor
Depends on the situation. :cool:
Ha! That is the thruth.

Look at you! Being all artsy with your selfie! ;)
Perfect.
Well. I tried to do it differently since I have posted it a gazillion times :)

The sort of lady I like, especially wearing such a great hat.
Ha! I have to admit I swear like a sailor.
Not good, I know.
And thank you. It's one of my favourites.

Beautiful color combination Esther.
Thank you!

One of my favorite places on earth !!! Nice hat Esther. As always...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Thank you Rodolfo

You prove that modern hipness and classical grace are not mutually exclusive. Very nice.
Awww!
That's an amazing thing to say. Thank you!

That hat of yours is perfect!
I might steal that edge treatment

You know I love that one.

Got to try that cattleman

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
The weatherman did not lie. The temp is 23 degrees colder that it was this morning and the wind is north and cruel. So I had to change to a new to me cap.
P1210666 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Opplandske Luefabrikk, Gjovic, Norway
P1210667 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Although I don't speak Norwegian I believe they were in business from 1927 to 1999.
P1210668 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I also decided to change to a vintage Schott belted car coat and some Ugg pile lined chukkas. Should have brought gloves.

P1210663 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Moehawk - That is one fine looking hat. But you should probably mention your desire to pet your Dinkelsbuhl, well I'll leave that up to you.:eek:

Michael

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
The weatherman did not lie. The temp is 23 degrees colder that it was this morning and the wind is north and cruel. So I had to change to a new to me cap.
P1210666 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Opplandske Luefabrikk, Gjovic, Norway
P1210667 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Although I don't speak Norwegian I believe they were in business from 1927 to 1999.
P1210668 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I also decided to change to a vintage Schott belted car coat and some Ugg pile lined chukkas. Should have brought gloves.

P1210663 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Moehawk - That is one fine looking hat. But you should probably mention your desire to pet your Dinkelsbuhl, well I'll leave that up to you.:eek:

Michael
Well, that would still be better than saying I wanted to play with my Habig Wien.

jackm

One of the Regulars
Warm this morning. Becoming less so and much windier as the day goes on. Knox Grafton today.
P1210652 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Color of Cornhill
Knox Grafton Fedora by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1210656 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Way too many things I don't want to do today on the plate. Maybe some more Sherlock Holmes dvds instead.
P1210646 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Matt - That Game Bird. What more can I say?

Hope all is well and the snow stays in Minnesota. Sorry about that Short Balding Guy.

Michael
Looking good today Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda