Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monsivais cap

beb6368f4f1380caff09d90f60beb051.jpg

6b55ccf5503205d84dca5cc5b15efc6d.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
23 feels like 10. Nuff said. Borsalino Torino is doing the job for my head, but my ears are suffering.
P1220155 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I think I caught a cold while taking the pictures.
P1220156 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
At least I'm sure sneezing a lot for some reason.
P1220157 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Winter be arrived. High of 8 a couple of days next week according to the prognosticators.
P1220165 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Seems to be a lot of nice hat going around today. Hope it's catchy.

Michael

Wesslyn

Practically Family
23 feels like 10. Nuff said. Borsalino Torino is doing the job for my head, but my ears are suffering.
P1220155 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I think I caught a cold while taking the pictures.
P1220156 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
At least I'm sure sneezing a lot for some reason.
P1220157 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Winter be arrived. High of 8 a couple of days next week according to the prognosticators.
P1220165 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Seems to be a lot of nice hat going around today. Hope it's catchy.

Michael
Nice! That's my kinda style !

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Hi Michael, Here are some pics of the block, as you can see I first wonkily rough shaped it with a hot wire, it's made of layers some sort of high density isolation foam. I would normally make my blocks out of layers of compressed cork, but it's expensive stuff and requires a lot of elbow grease (although obviously it's more durable), but I had a sheet of this stuff and gave it a go (it's on a layer of cork, but I did not block it so high). The shape of the block is precisely the shape of the resulting block, no bashing required.
The hard work was replicating the shape in a larger size (see last pic), that takes so much more work and time than doing a new shape.
The party was more of a come and try on a hat shindig, directed both at first time hat wearers and also at hat lovers that want to try new styles. It was actually fun for me to see my hats on different kinds of people/heads... I had made some high crown homburgs that I though were a failure but lo and behold they looked awesome on some of the guys who tried them on (and dreadful on others).
View attachment 61967

Appreciate the kind words Red!! :)
Thanks for the detailed photos and description of your block making Kuki. Or do you prefer Cristina? How does the foam hold up to steam or ironwork? Or how doesn't it? I need a good open crown block that is fit to my head. Or so I think at least.

Michael

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Great looking hat.
A week into December and the beard remains... Intriguing...

I'm lobbying to be one of Santa's elves this year. Gotta have a beard for that. I admit it'll only last through December and be gone shortly after the new year, though. Just long enough to see some family and friends while it's still around.

tommyK

One Too Many
Bolero, what is it about Banzai trees that people are constantly trimming them? Do they get out of control that quickly? Always wondered about this

40, blown away by every hat
Alan, ditto
Harv, it is amazing how good you look in caps. I love all your hats and you look great in them, too. But, you look like a character a movie could be built around in that cap!

Stetson today
excellent%20hat_zpsodje0ugq.jpg

excellent%20hat%20logo_zpsx4sfdhjm.jpg

This one I got from Alan. He took a chance on this one from a questionable ebay listing and passed it on to me last year

Bolero, what is it about Banzai trees that people are constantly trimming them? Do they get out of control that quickly? Always wondered about this

40, blown away by every hat
Alan, ditto
Harv, it is amazing how good you look in caps. I love all your hats and you look great in them, too. But, you look like a character a movie could be built around in that cap!

Stetson today
excellent%20hat_zpsodje0ugq.jpg

excellent%20hat%20logo_zpsx4sfdhjm.jpg

This one I got from Alan. He took a chance on this one from a questionable ebay listing and passed it on to me last year

WHOA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart