Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
NOS Stetson "Dexter." Imperial Quality.
1240aa4fb2513b1244d16468d7857fa7.jpg
57960cdcdffd616a5303d67857e71352.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
23 feels like 10. Nuff said. Borsalino Torino is doing the job for my head, but my ears are suffering.
P1220155 crop b
Fantastico il completo compreso il cappotto
The Borsalino "is the cherry on the cake" (An Italian way to say that the hat from Alessandria is the right component of a right combo)

Wearing my recently received Hückel... glad I have this jacket to back it.

120716_1.jpg
Perfect combo with another cherry on another cake
Bellissimo!

Bolero, what is it about Banzai trees that people are constantly trimming them? Do they get out of control that quickly? Always wondered about this

40, blown away by every hat
Alan, ditto
Harv, it is amazing how good you look in caps. I love all your hats and you look great in them, too. But, you look like a character a movie could be built around in that cap!

Stetson today

This one I got from Alan. He took a chance on this one from a questionable ebay listing and passed it on to me last year

Impressive, Tommy.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Joao – No rain is falling on you, brother.

Esther – Don’t we all! Great ribbon.

Kuki – Thanks for letting us in on your process.

Strapped – Christmas tie!! Love those Cavanaghs.

Fabio – Underdressed as usual, I see.

RJR – That hat is you.

MM – Awesome. I look like a mushroom in a Derby.

Danielle – Bello. Va bene con il tuo vestiti oggi.

For me, my new to me Borsalino Renna. Must be an earlier one because it has a wider brim than most Rennas I’ve seen.

View attachment 61989 View attachment 61988
Man, that's a super Borsalino. Just look at that front brim. Awesome!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Today's hat is marked Albertini (from 1807), Panizza line
2mo1fcx.jpg

Two historic names of Italian Hats producers are enclosed in the same liner
33a8g09.jpg

The hat is made, recently, by Cappellificio Falcus which has the license of the two brands
2vuk5m1.jpg

Felt is magnificent with a commendable peach peel finish
2h3bxtx.jpg

The burnt sienna color is the extra touch in the hat
2m3pv7l.jpg

The proportions are those of a traditional Italian hat in the last 50 years

Grazie Mille for the likes and appreciation on the hairy Mossant "chiné orage"
Awesome!

40Cal

One Too Many
Bolero, what is it about Banzai trees that people are constantly trimming them? Do they get out of control that quickly? Always wondered about this

Alan, ditto
Harv, it is amazing how good you look in caps. I love all your hats and you look great in them, too. But, you look like a character a movie could be built around in that cap!

Stetson today
excellent%20hat_zpsodje0ugq.jpg

excellent%20hat%20logo_zpsx4sfdhjm.jpg

This one I got from Alan. He took a chance on this one from a questionable ebay listing and passed it on to me last year
Amazing hat , Tommy! I remember it from Ebay. Looks to be in great shape.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Alan, ditto

Stetson today

It doesn't get any better than that! Gorgeous lid, Tommy!!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

Alan, ditto

Stetson today

unbelievable !!
just so ridiculously awesome

Bolero

A-List Customer
TommyK...Most Bonsai Gardeners train and style their trees to look a certain way, usually from pictures of what the old Japanese, Chinese Master Gardeners use to do and arrived at...Normally called Classic Styling...
I usually prune my Bonsai once or twice a year in order to keep it in the style I like, what you do not see in my picture of me pinching buds is the Bottle of Wine, the Monte Cristo cigar and a Radio playing some 50's, 60's jazz...its all part of the Bonsai Ritual, its how I kick back, they often do not need pruning at all, but I like to get into it...
I learned from this guy many years ago.

30682159713_f4d562e36c_z.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
TommyK...Most Bonsai Gardeners train and style their trees to look a certain way, usually from pictures of what the old Japanese, Chinese Master Gardeners use to do and arrived at...Normally called Classic Styling...
I usually prune my Bonsai once or twice a year in order to keep it in the style I like, what you do not see in my picture of me pinching buds is the Bottle of Wine, the Monte Cristo cigar and a Radio playing some 50's, 60's jazz...its all part of the Bonsai Ritual, its how I kick back, they often do not need pruning at all, but I like to get into it...
I learned from this guy many years ago.

30682159713_f4d562e36c_z.jpg

Thanks for the clarity here, Bolero. I've never known any serious gardeners of these so I appreciate the inside scoop and the ritual of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart