Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I had the honour of being a waiter at my youngest daughter's school christmas dinner.

ccdc3d3e84fcdcb76d79aa2a790d3c3e.jpg

511d14277576d3daf3273a073467eed3.jpg
bfdd98dfa4fdf1d5a59bdc2f0f025e92.jpg
76dd7852345fce5cc01fef2c292f69b1.jpg

Indoor lighting results in bad quality pics, sorry.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
Beautiful girl Sergej!
You clean up good as well!

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Everyone looking mighty fine today!!
My hat today. A black fur felt with asymmetrical crown and a wide upturned brim edge. It's my favorite hat and I made it ages ago. It's in two pieces, crown and brim blocked separately and stitched together. Faux leather trim. The hat blocks were bought new from a German block maker whose name I cannot remember right now (old age?) and who no longer is in business.
asymmetrical1.jpg asymmetrical2.jpg asymmetrical3.jpg asymmetrical4.jpg

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Today the sun and cold as commands the month of December.
The crazy spring of yesterday ended with a fall in temperature
24e0t9l.jpg

Today Barbisio built in Sagliano Micca, historical factory of Biella hats manufacturer.
2lro5i.jpg

StraBarbisio shaved soft felt.
2zhgkmw.jpg

"Fixflex - felted board" stamped in gold on the sweatband. Bolivia color
2hcmhac.jpg

Shark gill ribbon of the same color of the felt
Not to betray the tradition, the proportions are typical of an EU cap of 45 years ago
The hat was an old not sold stock of a Sicilian shop with, still inside, the warehouse label
95x8c5.jpg

Good Thursday and thank you for your likes on the "le diplomatique Francais" made by A. France
Beautiful hat Daniele !!!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Knotten

Practically Family
My hat today. A black fur felt with asymmetrical crown and a wide upturned brim edge. It's my favorite hat and I made it ages ago. It's in two pieces, crown and brim blocked separately and stitched together. Faux leather trim. The hat blocks were bought new from a German block maker whose name I cannot remember right now (old age?) and who no longer is in business.
View attachment 63402 View attachment 63403 View attachment 63404 View attachment 63405

That is gorgeous!

40Cal

One Too Many
View attachment 63402 View attachment 63403 View attachment 63404 View attachment 63405
Great hat, Kuki!

Celia

A-List Customer
Yes! That is such a good hat! I love big black women's hats :) Great work!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Very stylish hat!

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Here's another picture of just the hat:
View media item 1144It's lined with a red silk twill, with a gold, blue and purple oriental inspired floral motif. I tried to take a close up picture of it, but the colours just look dull and the fabric course compared to the real thing:
View media item 1145I'd wear that hat in an instant, even without reblocking! What kind of felt is it?
Hi Celia, I love that hat it's really glamorous! Both hats yesterday and today are made of black fur felt.

Nice (really) wide brim
Thank you Joao! Love all your wide brimmed hats!!

Wonderful statement! That had is a real head turner, you wear it well.
Thank you!!!

Cristina I was already in the arms of Morpheus when you posted this beautiful hat.
I love it, especially what is the ribbon in black trimmings. Super!!
I also forgot the fancy printed felt hat of the other yesterday
Cristina Brava!
Daniele, I guess I will catch you sleeping again today. Thank you for the compliments. Your hat today looked great, those shark gills are beautiful and I'm learning from looking at the pictures that usually the gills start at the side middle and move towards the back, is that correct?

Beautiful and summery... short sleeves?! Looking at the bow I see you don't tack the top and bottom corners on this kind of bow just the tip, I do the same, but I'm wondering if eventually they will start popping up...

In 36 months, 1 week, and a few days you will be.
Touché! :)

Resistol Trooper.

879d2e985b863f785d68756193b5590d.jpg

250ecbd2f29519eb922c448d7d3a9765.jpg
Loving the ventilation holes Bob!

Thank you very much Daniele. It's a bit larger than a fascinator but a bit smaller than a propper hat, so I'd say it's a cocktail hat. It's American, from the late 1950s.

Today almost became a miserable boring hat day, but then this black borsalino homburg happened:

View media item 1147
It was made for the German market, perhaps the little brother of the one @mayserwegener wore the other day? Here are a couple of quick pictures, if I have time later I will take some better ones for the borsalino thread...

View media item 1148View media item 1149
Everybody's looking good again today :)
Looking great!!

Thanks everyone for the comments and likes on yesterday's Tumwater. Tony makes some great hats and he is a master of bows.

Here's another this morning, Silverbelly Tumwater.

739b9144e6a7bfff5400fb5f632078c0.jpg

Cheers!
David
That is a wonderful bow. I love fancy bows, the problem is finding a customer that appreciates them!

Cristina, Thank you! I have been told the stitches are supposed to be removed at point of sale. They are to help protect the ribbon / bow during stacking but in some cases they can do more harm than good.

Thank you all the information on the Printed Felt! It has a superb look. I think it might be Tonak because they have this capability. Also great to see the block you used to make the Cloche. It'a a super form!
It does make sense that they were to be removed, but after all this years I'm sure they would leave visible signs they were there. Great information thank you.
Yes I agree it might be Tonak.

It was interesting to see that stitching on another hat. My Mallory back bow still has those basting stitches, it appears to be NOS. Cool! View attachment 63318
Thank you Red, very interesting!

A nice enough morning for some felt. Pilgrim
P1220533 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1220531 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Close enough to Christmas for a lot of red and green.
P1220545 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
12-22-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

I go to take pictures and suddenly I'm 40 hats behind. Could you guys pace yourselves?
Have a good one.
Michael
Snazzy!! That upturned collar makes you look ready for action.

Thank you Celia. I'm an old peacenik. Would you believe I've posted more than 1500 photos to this thread? Oy!

The bow is nice - an unusual (at least in the States) triangular center to it.

kami_bow.jpg

Just an old Stetson and some old Jesse Bogle smooth ostrich.
View attachment 63380 View attachment 63381 View attachment 63382
I've never seen a triangular bow center, and I like it!!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Nice outfit Kuki !!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner