Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
234ca77d6407276c09a68384e3211db4.jpg
Real nice hat with a beautiful background !!! Love that wallpaper

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thank you Mike. This Knox has an unbound upbrim - some folks around here would call it a Lord's hat. Yes, I have the crown sloped a bit to the front which lessens the height of the crown visually (it is quite tall). Also sporting it without side pinches. It's a little large for me but these three adjustments make it fit quite comfortably as long as the wind is not howling.
:)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I keep coming back to look at this hat, Bob. It's fantastic! I like everything about it.
Thanks! .40
Mike gave me a nice shallow brim flange but with a definite "cup" to it. He backed off the amount of cup in the front a bit. Also had a 3 inch brim to work with. The center dent is deep but not wide and there's hardly any rake. The pinches are a little tighter in front then what Mike calls his "medium pinch." Its not tight like a Raiders but I asked him to bring the pinches down a little in front towards the ribbon with a tiny bit of Raiders angle to the side dents. Also the 12 ligne narrower ribbon width helps. Was a 6 inch open crown blocked on a #52. Color of the hat body and darker burgundy vintage ribbon help sets the whole thing off. Thanks for your appreciation! I very much respect your opinion and hat sense.

40Cal

One Too Many
Thanks! .40
Mike gave me a nice shallow brim flange but with a definite "cup" to it. He backed off the amount of cup in the front a bit. Also had a 3 inch brim to work with. The center dent is deep but not wide and there's hardly any rake. The pinches are a little tighter in front then what Mike calls his "medium pinch." Its not tight like a Raiders but I asked him to bring the pinches down a little in front towards the ribbon with a tiny bit of Raiders angle to the side dents. Also the 12 ligne narrower ribbon width helps. Was a 6 inch open crown blocked on a #52. Color of the hat body and darker burgundy vintage ribbon help sets the whole thing off. Thanks for your appreciation! I very much respect your opinion and hat sense.
Thanks for the details, Bob. It has great lines! My favorite combo of wide brim and mid-ribbon. The color is exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR