Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Friday and new year's eve eve.

Wearing the Knox Twenty that Moon threw my way.
View attachment 63912 View attachment 63913 View attachment 63914 View attachment 63915 View attachment 63916 View attachment 63917

Received terrible news last night that reminded me that 2016, with all of its horrors, lives on for a little while longer. Apropos that yesterday I renewed my registration and purchased a new plate... View attachment 63918
Damn you 2016.
Damn you...

Have a smile and laughter filled day.
I really love this hat Matt. I'm a sucker for a back bow, and that ribbon is "wide cool". The felt looks nice, just what I would expect for a Twenty.

a20f255489e1e85529727efd6f1003e3.jpg

John B
Boss raw edge clear nutria

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mile high crown my friend! Love it!

Today I pay my tribute to the nostalgia of the 70's
It was the time when you could smoke in public places (bars and restaurants) and they were much more numerous than now, and in the afternoon of Friday, I young, I found my father's friends, his peers, with very similar hats of this of today
They would have tight brim and the high ribbon
dnbswl.jpg

This is a Vanzinas style by Borsalino of those early seventies
11vthtj.jpg

It has come down to us new and untouched.
It was in the box of hats for a long time to sell, but today, last Friday of the year 2016 I gave it the chance to take a ride
2repa2e.jpg

The color is "Selva" and felt one of the most beautiful in my possession.
5dq9hc.jpg

It is soft and almost velvety. The finishes are superb
2z8wxhd.jpg

It will return in a cardboard box to sleep with dreams of those years

Thanks for the likes on the French Tirard
Buon Venerdì (day of Venus)
I think hats that are an homage to the 70s are cool. The color on this one is superb!

Crisp morning, but calm. Dobbs Golden Coach 25.
P1220715 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1220709 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It has a very stubborn little stain which has refused to yield to my entreaties.
P1220698 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I think I feel the winter doldrums approaching. Must hie myself to the library in search of relief.

Everyone is looking grand today.

Michael
I don't know which I like more, the Dobbs or those pants! You are always such a treat every morning!

I've had what I think is a flare-up of peptic ulcer/gastritis. Hit hard yesterday for a couple hours then subsided with overdoses of Mylanta, gas-x, etc. Back this morning at 2 a.m. Partially a good thing as I had put a rib roast in the slow cooker at 9:30 pm and forgot to set an alarm... don't want to over cook some ribeye deliciousness. Anyway, this has been hanging on all morning. I've got a 2 pm date with my Dr to see what can be done... man, this is miserable; don't even want a bit of that glorious looking rib roast. Need to be done in time to fetch my better half (who am I kidding, she's my better 99%, right Bigger Don?!?) from the airport.

Anyway, despite plans to dress up and wear a flashy fedora, I'm going super casual with the LL Bean/Stetson Moose River. OK if it rains, good head clearance getting in and out of the car, etc... just a boring utilitarian effort.

I can't say enough about all the great hats this week; heck, the past 2 weeks. You ladies and gents are dressing up fine, fine, fine! And despite my short, infrequent visits to the FL, y'all never fail to deliver. I love seeing all the fabulous hats, stylin' clothes and serious good looks.

i-dGfTLHL-M.jpg
I hope you get some relief Buddy. It must be nice to have your wife home. Did the kids go with her? Must have been a quiet time around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou