Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Our year-end festivities are wrapping up this week, and today's challenge was to represent your favorite superhero at the office. Since I think our security personnel would frown on my showing up dressed and armed as the Punisher, I figured I'd go for the mild-mannered Clark Kent look instead. My Stetson Saxon helps hide the lack of hair. :)

3d2b9fd0e1b35d70ea257be716e8d1f6.jpg
f5908b424e0bf82dbe1c5ae9155e12d3.jpg

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Missed the fun yesterday to engage in some not-so-much-fun.

Today I'm wearing the Resistol Beaver Twenty homburg that Rick directed my way. Please ignore the small dent on the right front. It merely represents the way I feel after the last 36 hours [emoji3].

Everyone is looking grand on this fine Wednesday morn'. Here's to a swell day!

IMG_20170104_075822-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170104_075829-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170104_080132-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170104_080141-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170104_080203-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170104_080210-picsay.jpg

P. S. Hope you are feeling better, Doug.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Our year-end festivities are wrapping up this week, and today's challenge was to represent your favorite superhero at the office. Since I think our security personnel would frown on my showing up dressed and armed as the Punisher, I figured I'd go for the mild-mannered Clark Kent look instead. My Stetson Saxon helps hide the lack of hair. :)

How GREAT is this?!! Saxon Perfection, Mark.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Well Doug..

Seems that you havent read my prescriptions.

1.- take a shower in Titanium, then in Aluminum.

2.- after this get a flash paint of Duponts non sticky Teflon.

3,- then, everything will wash away.

4.- get out, into the woods and scream "I don't give a F#$:!;ck!!! As hard as you can, repeat it at least 20 times a day.

5.- get back home and get a couple of drinks...and dont give a s!@#$:t about each and everything thats out of your control.

Seems crazy???? I had all those health problems until one day I woke up and decided to get rid of all those toxic people and toxic issues in my life.

I had each and every red lights about my health.

Now 4 years after that day my doctor, who I am the godfather of his daughter, just can believe that I am so healthy, 30 pounds lighter and 0 yes CERO yellow lights about my health, 2 years ago he got,me examined 2 times as he thought there was some kind of mistake from the hospital lab

Easier said than done, but I am aware I might not be alive if I havent listened to myself that hot and humid july morning.

Maybe it sounds crazy, but your mind is so powerful...

Get well my friend, but find the root not only the physical effects of your disease, trust me, I have been there..

Best wishes Bro...

You are in my prayers..

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
A brilliant recipe for life, Rodolfo! I did something similar in 2001. Lost 56 pounds and stopped taking multiple medications. Started working out 5 - 6 times a week... then got married, got a new job.... and let "life" get into the equation as an excuse. Thanks for the inspiration and the reminder. If I did it before, I can do it again. I just have to be more deliberate as I'm pushing 57 now, not 41. I've lost the same 10-15 pounds over and over... time to make it permanent. Down from 230 to 222 this week just by cutting out the garbage.

Stay stealth my friend, they need your super powers! Nice slim brim.

Missed the fun yesterday to engage in some not-so-much-fun.

Today I'm wearing the Resistol Beaver Twenty homburg that Rick directed my way. Please ignore the small dent on the right front. It merely represents the way I feel after the last 36 hours [emoji3].

Everyone is looking grand on this fine Wednesday morn'. Here's to a swell day!

View attachment 64283 View attachment 64284 View attachment 64285 View attachment 64286 View attachment 64287 View attachment 64288

P. S. Hope you are feeling better, Doug.
Way to rock that sweet Homburg. Love the color. Want.

Been off the loop for 24h, glad to see everyone looking so good despite the occasional health issues.
Good weather in Barcelona, sunny and 13°C. Out and about with my warm foldable.
4b33d351b621b139298e9fd964535a3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a sharp look Kuki! Glad someone is having a sunny day! Without doing the math, 13 degrees celsius sounds balmy compared to our 26 degrees fahrenheit!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
.......annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I just threw my back out. LOL, it hurts so bad and I'm laughing at it and Sandra is confused asking "what's so funny?" Hell, life is funny. All I did was put on a t-shirt, turn around and wham! Just a slight hiccup in the schedule. In the immortal words of Sponge Bob Square Pants: "Don't worry about those scratches, Captain; they'll buff right out!"

.......annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I just threw my back out. LOL, it hurts so bad and I'm laughing at it and Sandra is confused asking "what's so funny?" Hell, life is funny. All I did was put on a t-shirt, turn around and wham! Just a slight hiccup in the schedule. In the immortal words of Sponge Bob Square Pants: "Don't worry about those scratches, Captain; they'll buff right out!"
Are we going to have to wrap you in cotton or bubble wrap Doug? Take it slow and easy. My back is hamburger, I feel your pain (pretty much daily), sending healing prayers your way!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Been off the loop for 24h, glad to see everyone looking so good despite the occasional health issues.
Good weather in Barcelona, sunny and 13°C. Out and about with my warm foldable.
4b33d351b621b139298e9fd964535a3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't adequately express the delight it has been since you've joined the FL, Cristina. What a bright light you have been here. Thanks for sharing your lovely hats, knowledge and life experience with us. Hey, you also have some very cool hats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda