Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Boater

3689010366_c19f39fce0.jpg
Shown today in Boater Faction
3689010820_aca8f1d07c_b.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
old favorite today...

My big hat that I wore for Easter with the feather band (held in my gloved right hand in this pic- it mostly covered my fuzzy hairdo all day). Worn with a Victorian-inspired outfit to a 1908 Old Fashioned 4th of July Picnic with the family. Held at the Pardee House, built in the Italianate style in 1857 in Oakland, CA. The white blouse of silk with lace and pintuck detailing was bought in Brugges, Belgium in 1992. I made the pink silk burnout velvet and silk charmeuse skirt many years ago.
368764283.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Brad's Dobbs Derby

chanteuseCarey said:
BradBowers, this is a great hat on you and in these pics you look like the real deal from the old days. Would love to see these done as Black and White pics. Especially that pretending to operate picture.

I've been meaning to give this a try, and have finally gotten around to it. Here's Brad, back in the day...;)

WorkingtheHoist.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
My big hat that I wore for Easter with the feather band (held in my gloved right hand in this pic- it mostly covered my fuzzy hairdo all day). Worn with a Victorian-inspired outfit to a 1908 Old Fashioned 4th of July Picnic with the family. Held at the Pardee House, built in the Italianate style in 1857 in Oakland, CA. The white blouse of silk with lace and pintuck detailing was bought in Brugges, Belgium in 1992. I made the pink silk burnout velvet and silk charmeuse skirt many years ago.
368764283.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Great photos as always everyone !!!!

Today I am sporting my cocoa Miller milan.

4th022.jpg

R -- If I had your Photoshop skills, I'd make a poster out of this photo: "Uncle Rusty Wants YOU!!!" :D

Love that Milan -- looks great.

Cheers,
JtL

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
OUR HATS from July 4th-we made the S.F Chronicle!

Here is the pic of my big hat, plus husband Chuck in his Panama and our now 15yo daughter in a dotted straw hat I made years ago. From the Pardee House 1908 picnic. Here we are in a picture that appeared in today's (July 5th) San Francisco Chronicle! Our almost 13yo son Daniel must have been busy turning the handle on an ice cream maker...
ba-fourth05_ph3_0500338980.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes