Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dnewma04

One of the Regulars
It's really getting too warm here for a felt hat. But I decided to bring my Resistol Kitten Finish semi-stingy today (cross-posted from the Resistol Roundup- thread):

View attachment 70431 View attachment 70432

For some reason it's the only hat on which I've left the feather, if the hat came with one. Perhaps because it's dark and subtle.
Good choice. I'm not much into the look of feathers but this looks pretty nice and I think you nailed it. Dark and subtle. Very nice.

fd861ae082fca009ec38db0f9bf196d5.jpg

OR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice Perry.

It's really getting too warm here for a felt hat. But I decided to bring my Resistol Kitten Finish semi-stingy today (cross-posted from the Resistol Roundup- thread):

View attachment 70431 View attachment 70432

For some reason it's the only hat on which I've left the feather, if the hat came with one. Perhaps because it's dark and subtle.
Hold out as long as you can, once you go straw, it is a long haul until winter. I can't believe this thought even came into my mind...crazy. Nice color on that Resistol.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Hold out as long as you can, once you go straw, it is a long haul until winter. I can't believe this thought even came into my mind...crazy. Nice color on that Resistol.
"Long haul"? What an understatement. If we see any "winter" at all, it won't be until late December -- and there's no guarantee of that.

Yes, the KF has a nice reddish tone to its brown.

"No actual kittens were harmed in the production of this hat."

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I haven't posted for a few days but I've been keeping an eye on everyone and you're all looking great. Love the 'dandyisms', everyone looks awesome on a cowboy hat! There's nothing like a good challenge.
I picked up my glasses and managed to wear them all day yesterday but by the end of the day I was feeling dizzy. Still I'm amazed at the 3D feeling I have now that I see everything in focus:

3af7bb78a3e638103ecb30cbf5a6008c.jpg

Like Rodolfo I also need reading glasses, I love this modern take on the old fashioned pince-nez I bought yesterday:
9ac7c31d38e08d6963ff14adbec952f5.jpg

Finally the gargoyles on the Cathedral of Barcelona keep me company:
a7152ad2b3518a50607dceb0b7bd5aa0.jpg

3ec06978f2222cd6a0bcbefcdeeb7a70.jpg

It's so nice to see you back, and with your new glasses and amongst the gargoyles! I have two pair of glasses. One for walking around and riving, etc., and one the doc calls desk, or cubicle, glasses. These help me better to see things that sit at arms length, and to work on the computer. Anything more than about 8 feet away is blurry... sometimes I go walking and realize I have on the wrong glasses!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I lied to you all yesterday and feel extremely guilty. I said I only have one hat but I do have another. It's a secret service issue Sniper-dora (I'm still trying to work out the proper crease). Casual Friday at the office. I'm attempting to look like a badass. What do you think, do I make a dandy badass or what?

abc95aae113b4fa08b6a96e5c826049f.jpg

The glasses push you up into badass territory! I gave away a bunch of ball caps last year and still have about 9 or 10.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy