Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Sorry to hear about your friend, but a celebration of life is actually a good thing in times like this. We are sunny and nice here in the valley, crazy weather only an hour north. I do love the drive out the gorge. Too bad you are too early to stop for a field fresh slice of watermelon in Hermiston:). Your hat served you well on a day long journey, it's a beauty.
Thanks, Red. I hardly stop in those little towns as I'm usually on my way somewhere else. It was a good celebration with lots of people speaking on how Mark influenced their lives for good.

I took 4 hats with me, but only really used 2. I drove out with the Penman Everyman and used it in the rain when stopping for gas (as well as my oilskin Outback hat) as the weather was pretty bad. People were asked to wear Hawaiian shirts or sports related attire as Mark was a big fan of sports, fishing, etc, and was instrumental is getting the casual Friday thing going in the school there in Irrigon. That's why I had the Falcon Park silverbelly with the Hawaiian shirt on for the Life Celebration and then on the trip home. I really got some looks in those little towns dressed like that and I'm sure the Hawaiian floral Vans skater slip-ons added to that. Hehehe...

Mark always said to make the most of your time and to have fun no matter what you're doing. MrsFed and I have decided to take more trips together. The last couple years have been more of a "stay at home and veg" era for us... maybe watch a movie here and there.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
BSrOehDFtmLj14nNN8A5Ohm2LMbZVuDuH-QFqQ0
Comfortably wearing my Temple today. Out with the family on this beautiful day in the mid 70's here in Chcagoland.
IMG_20170409_105534_346.jpg
[71667
IMG_20170409_105534_346.jpg
IMG_20170409_105428_723.jpg

Last edited:

philosophy101

A-List Customer

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Trip to Irrigon, Oregon, for a Celebration of Life. Mark was a teacher, husband, father and a great friend to many. We had a nice trip, but it was somber as well knowing Mark was gone.

Rainy and windy when we left, windy and dry in eastern Oregon, then back to rain as we approached Portland.

i-3sgtKSf-L.jpg

Seriously great carne asada at this family run joint in Hermiston.

i-sJpzmLH-L.jpg

snacks in Irrigon

i-CfHgtqr-L.jpg

What's this??? We took a chance and, surprisingly, these are not bad at all. Add some eggs over easy and it'd almost be like having chicken fried steak and eggs... almost.

i-7wdbcPf-L.jpg

Heading back home

i-MsHKpCR-L.jpg

Heading down I-84, it runs along the Columbia river

i-9WtgVW2-L.jpg

i-J9mdLg3-L.jpg

i-PWwC2Qj-L.jpg

Starting to see green vegetation again around Hood River

i-hsSFkns-L.jpg

MrsFed warming up in the car. The temp dropped 10 degreesF since we left Irrigon

i-ZhJwrhs-L.jpg

And, back into Portland, the rain and the lousy traffic.

i-t87XVDL-L.jpg
Great photos and travelogue Doug. You need to take more roadtrips.

Michael

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Trip to Irrigon, Oregon, for a Celebration of Life. Mark was a teacher, husband, father and a great friend to many. We had a nice trip, but it was somber as well knowing Mark was gone.

Rainy and windy when we left, windy and dry in eastern Oregon, then back to rain as we approached Portland.

i-3sgtKSf-L.jpg

Seriously great carne asada at this family run joint in Hermiston.

i-sJpzmLH-L.jpg

snacks in Irrigon

i-CfHgtqr-L.jpg

What's this??? We took a chance and, surprisingly, these are not bad at all. Add some eggs over easy and it'd almost be like having chicken fried steak and eggs... almost.

i-7wdbcPf-L.jpg

Heading back home

i-MsHKpCR-L.jpg

Heading down I-84, it runs along the Columbia river

i-9WtgVW2-L.jpg

i-J9mdLg3-L.jpg

i-PWwC2Qj-L.jpg

Starting to see green vegetation again around Hood River

i-hsSFkns-L.jpg

MrsFed warming up in the car. The temp dropped 10 degreesF since we left Irrigon

i-ZhJwrhs-L.jpg

And, back into Portland, the rain and the lousy traffic.

i-t87XVDL-L.jpg
Hey Bro, just saw the name of the Mexican restaurant "Guadalajara" my place, my city, my hometown ! Ja ja ja so you ate where I live???, Best regards.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nothing shows .

OK I'll try again.

Today for church I wore one of my favorites if not my favorite (so far). I think it's pretty unique. I think it's a late 1940s Crofut & Knapp. Anybody have any other opinions for the date? The color is a bluish gray. Depending on the lighting it's almost a periwinkle. The hatband and brim treatment are mauve. Yeah that's right, mauve. I'm secure!

File Apr 09, 12 20 49.jpg
File Apr 09, 12 20 16.jpg
File Apr 09, 12 20 35.jpg
il_570xN.1190383647_rb5h.jpg

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
OK I'll try again.

Today for church I wore one of my favorites if not my favorite (so far). I think it's pretty unique. I think it's a late 1940s Crofut & Knapp. Anybody have any other opinions for the date? The color is a bluish gray. Depending on the lighting it's almost a periwinkle. The hatband and brim treatment are mauve. Yeah that's right, mauve. I'm secure!

View attachment 71679 View attachment 71680 View attachment 71681 View attachment 71682

Ooowah ! That looks Gooood . Congratulations !

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
OK I'll try again.

View attachment 71679 View attachment 71680 View attachment 71681 View attachment 71682
Killer lid, Bill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou