Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJR

Hat-Akubra-FED IV-Dk Brn 2.jpg
FED IV today.

OK I'll try again.

Today for church I wore one of my favorites if not my favorite (so far). I think it's pretty unique. I think it's a late 1940s Crofut & Knapp. Anybody have any other opinions for the date? The color is a bluish gray. Depending on the lighting it's almost a periwinkle. The hatband and brim treatment are mauve. Yeah that's right, mauve. I'm secure!

View attachment 71679 View attachment 71680 View attachment 71681 View attachment 71682
Very nice! Love the color combo. It has a whippet like style of the brim treatment. The Crofut & Knapp gurus will surely chime in on this one. Sweet Bill, impressive.

OK I'll try again.

Today for church I wore one of my favorites if not my favorite (so far). I think it's pretty unique. I think it's a late 1940s Crofut & Knapp. Anybody have any other opinions for the date? The color is a bluish gray. Depending on the lighting it's almost a periwinkle. The hatband and brim treatment are mauve. Yeah that's right, mauve. I'm secure!

That's a sweet lid, and reminds me a bit of a Dalton I have. That reorder label could be late 40s, early 50s. You can find some additional information and help with dating in the Crofut & Knapp thread:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/crofut-knapp-tales.41837/

And some limited information on The Hatted Professors's web page:

http://www.thehattedprofessor.com/

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A small tribute to the orange Dutch "Steur"
fymuxz.jpg

With the national colors of the lowlands I'm wearing a Golden Dobbs Coach built on Lake Maggiore in the Panizza factory many years ago
29g2351.jpg

The hat is made with a very thin felt and very malleable
The color is a vivid brown with matching ribbon
2a631q1.jpg

It is the right hat for the season tending to hot
2cna6s.jpg

Behind me a lilac home
The day is beautiful with the sun, the first roses and an invitation to visit the flower gardens that I find along the way from home to the office
658qs6.jpg

Buon Lunedì!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL