Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Maryland morning dog walk, cool (around 48), sunny, no wind, so this hat joined me and the Corgi. Started life as a light sand Akubra Rough Rider, reshaped brim and crown to my liking, added a home-made hatband. I was pleasantly surprised when this hat won compliments and questions from hat-shop owners in Prescott, AZ on a trip in 2016.

ngsoqp.jpg
jsg761.jpg
This is becoming a regular thing... another fine hat, customized by hand. Very nice! Best looking Akubra hats I've seen in the past 2 days!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Well, @hatsRme Charlie, I tried holding the camera up high but it really scrunches up my jacket, LOL! Wow, these pics really show spots on the black felt. Honestly, it shows spots that aren't even there. I brushed the felt and it looks great, although there are some water spots on the ribbon.

A simple, modern, Stetson Downs for the birthday boy today, wearing a jacket with my new, dark burgundy (Bordeaux??? Syrah??? Touriga Nacional???) birthday shirt from MrsFed. It's the 28th anniversary of my 29th birthday!

i-tHtndFD-XL.jpg

i-2DXkRct-XL.jpg

Stetson Downs

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I'm impressed with the nice collection of lids everyone is wearing. I'm envious. Happy Good Friday to all, btw.

Today I'll be wearing one of my more recent Stagecoach conversions in chestnut color...from this morning.

Chestnut_Hat_1b.jpg

Resistol_1a.jpg

Resistol_2a.jpg

Resistol_3a.jpg

A couple of ladies from '50s era Rock & Roll

Janis Martin

Connie Francis
It looks great, buddy! You have serious hatter skills!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Now I'm happy, after seeing your outfit of the day!
Glad I could provide some mirth Red.

Fantastic Michael! Champ, jacket and more saddle shoes!
Thanks Doug

Well, @hatsRme Charlie, I tried holding the camera up high but it really scrunches up my jacket, LOL! Wow, these pics really show spots on the black felt. Honestly, it shows spots that aren't even there. I brushed the felt and it looks great, although there are some water spots on the ribbon.

A simple, modern, Stetson Downs for the birthday boy today, wearing a jacket with my new, dark burgundy (Bordeaux??? Syrah??? Touriga Nacional???) birthday shirt from MrsFed. It's the 28th anniversary of my 29th birthday!

i-tHtndFD-XL.jpg

i-2DXkRct-XL.jpg

Stetson Downs
Happy Birthday Doug. Looking good in the Downs and Jacket. Looks like a good shirt and feather match.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I'm impressed with the nice collection of lids everyone is wearing. I'm envious. Happy Good Friday to all, btw.

Today I'll be wearing one of my more recent Stagecoach conversions in chestnut color...from this morning.

Chestnut_Hat_1b.jpg

Resistol_1a.jpg

Resistol_2a.jpg

Resistol_3a.jpg

A couple of ladies from '50s era Rock & Roll

Janis Martin

Connie Francis
You sure do nice work. How much do you thin the felt?

Michael

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone else enjoy their garden, this rhododendron bush always flowers early, but it's so welcoming and cheery. Furthermore we have a pair of bluetits raising a family in it this year. They are a noisy lot our avian new neighbours.
View attachment 71902
There are so many hat threads, but as this is the most popular, I must let you in on my new hat. It's a cream straw with a chocolate hatband, and it's still at the construction stage. The best part though, was being given a choice of colour for the hat. I wasn't quite sure what kashmir velour looked like, so my milliner sent me a picture of her model wearing a hat in kashmir velour, what do you guys think of it?
View attachment 71903
I do love my garden too !!

Second, that hatmaker looks like a million bucks @estherweiss

Velour looks very nice and soft, I had the same question a week ago, Velour or not Velour, I decided not but my city weather was a factor too, I think velour will make for a heavier felt !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran