Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am enjoying the sunshine this afternoon in a vtg. Stetson Royal De Luxe Stratoliner.

i-jBCDBS5-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Thanks Serge. I kind of liked the way the hat worked with that late 60s suit too.

Thanks Mike. Dobbs calls that color Sandstone.

The appearance on the racks at my favorite thrift of a 3 piece suit that fit me rather well occasioned a second hat yesterday afternoon.
DSCN2535 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Borsalino velour
DSCN2524 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2529 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael

Looking tops today! Love the rope on that crown.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Thanks again for all the good wishes yesterday. I think you are never to old to be a baby about your birthday. ;^)

Today's sunshine calls for suede. Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe XXXX (ecosca) in bronzo. I bought two of these from the same estate some years back, in Marshall Field boxes but purchased in Florence.

050317_1.jpg

050317_2.jpg

050317_3.jpg
Breathtaking hat! Wow!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great hump day look Michael. That Gun Club really works with that great jacket!
Thanks Mike. The jacket is an old Amana Woolen Mills thing out of the 60s or 70s I think. I'm finally ready to get on the bike after dinging around the house all morning.

Looking tops today! Love the rope on that crown.
Thanks. I always, maybe wrongly, associate velour and rope bands with stingy brimmed alpine hats. So it seems a bit of unusual combo on a hat with a 3" brim. Lately it seems to have taken a liking to a little curl in the brim rather than a snap down. I haven't been inclined to argue with it.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I'm using this 60 degree day as an opportunity to wear this sweet Hardeman Mainliner ...I estimate it around late 40s to early 50s vintage based on the dimensions and innards... and the fact that the plant closed in 1953

d020e6b9bc26045becb6a68096aeeadb.jpg

41e781f63d7b6c2008345ab53f21ff4f.jpg

db386987b6c185ea0fe510a0d9996134.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a sucker for heathered felt. And this one is a beauty of an example. Great brim binding too. And bash and shape and size and, should I go on?

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy