Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
Somebody wants his Meow back ;).

hpim1290.jpg

CRH, you are killin' me. lol lol lol

Thanks to all for the very nice comments. Mr. Paladin, given all of the extraordinary lids owned by members of the Lounge, I'm not so sure about having "the best hats in the world" -- but I have been lucky enough to find a few good ones. ;)

billyspew -- that Adam looks terrific.

HPG -- love that Dobbs 15. Great color, great look.

Cheers,
JtL

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
ca 1942 Disney

jimmy the lid said:

I'm not so sure about having "the best hats in the world" -- but I have been lucky enough to find a few good ones. ;)

Combine quality and condition, and I doubt anyone is close.

Here's my new favorite, a circa 1942 Disney:

DisneyMe.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:

Here's my new favorite, a circa 1942 Disney:

DisneyMe.jpg
Looks great now! The original Telescope style was like a porkpie with a taller crown and wider brim(no front pinch), although I imagine that some,as with Homburg, pinched any way.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
Looks great now! The original Telescope style was like a porkpie with a taller crown and wider brim(no front pinch), although I imagine that some,as with Homburg, pinched any way.

Thanks rlk - the current bash was really in there well with no evidence of the crown ever being symmetrical, but it does have a lower porkpie-like crown, which is partly why I like it so much.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
adam1953.jpg

Hey -- how did one of Gene's hats make it into this Adam ad? [huh]

OK, Gene, remember -- you were the guy asking for new material...:D :D :D

Cheers,
JtL

CRH

Call Me a Cab
kiltie said:

Stetson Firenze - I fatten the crown a little by pushing sort of a half-hearted diamond into the center dent. Lessens the taper considerably and doesn't look too, too bad.

Looks good from here.

Taper, no taper, I like them all - well, not toooo much taper ;).

CRH

Call Me a Cab
HPG - You look good in anything. I really need a blue lid!

Green Squatter today - surprise, surprise!. This one's coming along nicely. Today was it's third rain soaking so, of course, I took the opportunity to squeeze it a little while it was wet. I think it's almost ready for a spot in the Diamond Authority thread :D.

hpim1303r.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Wide binding and mid-ribbon; great color--I like it!

I meant to say this earlier, but forgot. Mr. P, you have zeroed in on one of the things that I really like about a lot of the Adam lids -- a Whippet-esque edge binding, combined with the look of a mid-ribbon. I think that's a great combo.

CRH -- that Squatter has character. It suits you. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
CRH said:
Green Squatter today - surprise, surprise!. This one's coming along nicely. Today was it's third rain soaking so, of course, I took the opportunity to squeeze it a little while it was wet. I think it's almost ready for a spot in the Diamond Authority thread :D.

hpim1303r.jpg

That green Squatter sure has made you a happy man CRH. Great smiles in your last couple of pics. :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScottF said:

DisneyMe.jpg

"Mr. Paladin, given all of the extraordinary lids owned by members of the Lounge, I'm not so sure about having "the best hats in the world" -- but I have been lucky enough to find a few good ones."

See!

ScottF, that Disney looks great on you. It is a very nice green and the pug (looks like one from the angle) has a great color to match the felt.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
CRH said:
HPG - You look good in anything. I really need a blue lid!

hpim1303r.jpg

CRH - that is exactly the next new hat I have been thinking about picking up, color and all. I've got the Hattery page for it bookmarked, just haven't pulled the trigger yet, but hearing your comments about rain-handling, I'm getting closer. Very nice!! :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats