Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I did! ;) But didn't have a chance to post about it yet...:eek: I like that look, IC. Very cool. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Is there a stripe on the lower side of the ribbon, or is that the wind cord?

Cheers,
JtL

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
I did! ;) But didn't have a chance to post about it yet...:eek: I like that look, IC. Very cool. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Is there a stripe on the lower side of the ribbon, or is that the wind cord?

Cheers,
JtL
That's the wind cord. This hat never had a clear break from the crown to the brim so it rides up. I guess that is how it became my severe duty hat but still looks fresh. No liner and butter soft, I am thinking of putting a stampede string on it and using it as my adventure hat for canoeing and hiking.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
rumblefish said:
This is the Baku that Carter had pointed out to us on ebay that went without a bid. When it came back up, I grabbed it. I wore ever chance I got this summer, it's like wearing lacquered tissue paper.

Is that a Panama, RF, or some sort of 'mystery fiber'?

CRH

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
Nobody noticed the Campdraft put on a little weight?lol

[huh] I noticed! But I had to think of something worthy to say - and this was all I could come up with [huh]

That should cut down on the Thindiana Jones comments :p.

It sure does look good!

RBH

Bartender
rumblefish said:
This is the Baku that Carter had pointed out to us on ebay that went without a bid. When it came back up, I grabbed it. I wore ever chance I got this summer, it's like wearing lacquered tissue paper.
DSC01165.jpg
DSC01168.jpg
Really neat hat. That ribbon is way cool!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BobC said:
Mr. P, what is NWT?

Maybe I'm just used to seeing cattleman creases with a wider brim.

NWT is New With Tags. And trust me, I'm used to seeing that crease with a wider brim too!

Duhhh! Next post down and RBH already answered. Sorry!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carouselvic said:
Mr. Paladin said:
Now this one, on the other hand, just won't cut it. 2" brim with a cattleman's crease. Just came in off e-Bay NWT. It will go in the collection but not on the head!

I like it, I also like the stacking bookcase. Mahogany?

Yes sir, but is is a single unit lawyer's bookcase; the horizontal grooves make it look stackable but its not.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
gtdean -- I think the shorter brim is certainly a different look, but it's a good look. With my own lids, I initially felt a bit awkward wearing narrower brims (like 2 1/2"). My suggestion is to wear nothing but the narrower brim for a few days (as I did). After you get used to seeing it regularly, it starts to become familiar. Once that happens, you find out that the narrower brim is simply a different look that you can incorporate as you see fit. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Indycop -- I really like the look of your Campdraft with the wider ribbon. Do I remember correctly that JazznCocktails did something similar? In both cases, I think the result was really outstanding.

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid said:
gtdean -- I think the shorter brim is certainly a different look, but it's a good look. With my own lids, I initially felt a bit awkward wearing narrower brims (like 2 1/2"). My suggestion is to wear nothing but the narrower brim for a few days (as I did). After you get used to seeing it regularly, it starts to become familiar. Once that happens, you find out that the narrower brim is simply a different look that you can incorporate as you see fit. ;)
Thanks for the tip, Chief. The real issues is every weekend I revert back to western brims, especially when attending a horse show & get back into a wide brim frame of reference. I'm going to shape up that 3" brimmed 3X Open Road & wear it on weekends so I'm not swinging to far away from my fedora widths. With my facial shape, I think 2 5/8 is my limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff