Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks to everyone for the props on the OR. If I had worn anything else, they would have thrown a net over me and shipped me to "the home"!

Mr. Paladin

Carlisle Blues said:
Thought I would break out my Stetson Gun Club. I have not worn it in a while.

ca81e343.jpg

CB, great hat! Looks right at home on you.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
I'm feelin' stingy

Back to the petite brims today with the Churchill Beaver 50 from the early 60's. Its colour is dark grey/green to tie in with the shirt/tie. And just in case fellow Lounger, Feraud, reads this - the tie is by Feraud, Paris.

SDC10360.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:
Back to the petite brims today with the Churchill Beaver 50 from the early 60's. Its colour is dark grey/green to tie in with the shirt/tie. And just in case fellow Lounger, Feraud, reads this - the tie is by Feraud, Paris.

SDC10360.jpg

Not digging that one Eph...sorry...proportions are wrong IMHO..

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:

SDC10360.jpg

Ephraim - that Churchill is a nice hat. I have one that looks almost the same, but I don't wear it. I bought it before I got the hang of the wider brims, and now that I did I don't look at it at all.

I have to say, Ephraim, and I said it before: in my opinion, the wider brims suit you much better than the stingies. Something along the lines of the Shudde Bros OR. That one is a real killer. It looks much more balanced on your noggin. Go for the bold look, Ephraim! :D

My $0.02... ;)

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mario - why aren't you out celebrating the bringing down of that damn wall?! It's been cool to watch the news reports of the celebrations there - and even the excitement of the youngsters who weren't even born when the wall came down.

As for my stingy - It's not an either/or proposition. I like a bit of variety in my wardrobe. I tend to agree that the wider brims suit my wide face. The 2 /14 to 2 1/2" brims suit me best I think. The 3" OR feels more comfortable than it did at first.

But every now and then I get a hankerin' for a stingy - and I'm just non conformist enough to throw it on and like it!

Carlisle Blues

Ephraim Tutt said:

SDC10360.jpg

Nice look an you definitely the 1960's sits well. You have an air of confidence it shows..:)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:
[...] I'm just non conformist enough to throw it on and like it!

Now that's something I can relate to! :D

Ephraim Tutt said:
Mario - why aren't you out celebrating the bringing down of that damn wall?! It's been cool to watch the news reports of the celebrations there - and even the excitement of the youngsters who weren't even born when the wall came down.

:eek:fftopic:

I was out last night, but I didn't attend any of the official events. Went to see a Balkan brass band instead, which was great.

On the same day, twenty years ago, I climbed the Wall in front of the Brandenburger Gate with one of my friends. We dropped down on the GDR side into a semi-circle of NVA soldiers who tried to prevent us from making a dash for the gate. Every now and then someome would break through, trying to cover the distance (approx. 100m), accompanied by cheers, whistles and howls. Only a few actually made it, most were caught and taken into custody before they could reach the gate. We didn't know at first what happened to them, but after some time we realized that they were released almost immediately, as some of them reappeared in the ring where we were standing, surrounded by the NVA guards. It was an unbelievably crazy night, everything seemed so unreal. I've never seen so many people crying and laughing at the same time. It really was a crazy night.

RBH

Bartender
Ephraim Tutt said:

SDC10360.jpg
Looks nice Mr Tutt. But Im with the gang on the wider brims!
Sometimes tho you just have to shake things up a little. :D

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Carlisle Blues said:
Nice look an you definitely the 1960's sits well. You have an air of confidence it shows..:)

Thanks CB. Funnily enough I got more positive comments from the ladies in the office today with this stingy ensemble than I do with the wide brims. Go figure!

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
RBH said:
Looks nice Mr Tutt. But Im with the gang on the wider brims!
Sometimes tho you just have to shack things up a little. :D

Thanks Rusty. Yeah I know.....we're addicted to wide brims 'round here lol.

Trouble is....and here's my confession....I don't own a wide brimmed grey hat - which is a problem when I'm wearing grey or darker colours. I have a couple of stingies/trilbies in shades of grey and charcoal, and a black Akubra Bogart, but that's it. I've been able to get hold of several in brown shades, but the wide brimmed grey still eludes me.

The search continues...

Carlisle Blues

Ephraim Tutt said:
Thanks CB. Funnily enough I got more positive comments from the ladies in the office today with this stingy ensemble than I do with the wide brims. Go figure!

You have distinguished features I believe the wider brim conflicts with those features. The a less prominent brim is more complimentary. IMHO....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff