Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:
A rainy day in Brisbane required a wide brim - and there's none better than the Shudde Bros Open Road. Mr Paladin will be pleased to see me wearing this little piece of Texas.

The tie is by El Ricos Los Wigwam weavers woven in 1940's in Colorado.

SDC10356.jpg

Excellent! Mr. Tutt, Sir - I DO prefer to see them wide brims on your noggin! Well done! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Many thanks CB & Mario.

I'm getting used to the wider brims - and I sure am fond of this Shudde Bros. You know there's a hat on your head when you're wearing that baby.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
metropd said:
Raw edge brim 2 1/2
Crown 4 3/8
Ribbon 1 3/4

Shot was taken looking down so the brim looks wider than it would in a normal picture. Thank you again Douglas!;)

16450_178691351243_520726243_345305.jpg

The hat looks great Metropd. I happy it worked for you. Congrats.

billysmom

One Too Many
Ephraim Tutt said:
A rainy day in Brisbane required a wide brim - and there's none better than the Shudde Bros Open Road. Mr Paladin will be pleased to see me wearing this little piece of Texas.

SDC10356.jpg

That brim will keep the raindrops off your glasses, for sure! Nice look with the tie.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Mr. Paladin

Ephraim Tutt said:

SDC10356.jpg

Now THAT is the way to wear a classy hat! :eusa_clap Very well done! :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

Torpedo said:
My own choice for today was the only Borsalino in my collection, a homburg:

DSC_0809b.jpg

I try not to comment too far back but I can't resist this one; Torpedo, that homburg and outfit is probably the best I have seen you in. You must wear the homburg more often. It has panache with that brim form! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

Ephraim Tutt said:
Here's the Wormser Tex Mex Homburg.

Other than that I've given it a slight crease adjustment inspired by the famous photo of Banjo Paterson that once was my avatar. I was aiming to pull the front and back brim down causing the sides to curl up more as The Banjo did to his homburg in these pics - though his crown doesn't look quite as tall. It still needs work:

SDC10349.jpg

That is a beauty ET. My suggestion is, however, to flatten the brim on the wider style homburgs such as the Stetson St. Regis or your Wormser. They do not seem as stylish with the dipped brim as does a shorter brimmed homburg. I think you would be more comfortable with the classic look of a flat brim in that one...

Mr. Paladin

Victor67 said:
now is almost 11 pm and i'm going out for a drink in black double-breasted suit with blue shirt and tie, and the black felt... hats are not much considered in Portugal so i'm usually taken by eccentric lol

Victor, most of us here are generally taken as eccentric! Join the club! :D

Mr. Paladin

metropd said:
Raw edge brim 2 1/2
Crown 4 3/8
Ribbon 1 3/4

Shot was taken looking down so the brim looks wider than it would in a normal picture. Thank you again Douglas!;)

16450_178691351243_520726243_345305.jpg

Nice look Metro. Good to see you around again. You've been gone a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR