Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Hückel Weilheim "Exclusiv" probably later 1950s.

39037501380_f32cf285c8_c.jpg

39952913155_52379fa5a7_c.jpg

40805543342_8ac51f0dd8_c.jpg

39037651300_a10da4efae_c.jpg

26977314718_46b9650dbe_c.jpg

26977362158_aac60e88db_c.jpg

Original Case

40138801094_6aac71e996_c.jpg
I'm seriously drooling over this one. WOW.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
The colors on this Milan are to die for David.

I like that ribbon color. Have to file that one away for later. You have plenty of crown to playwith. I like the organic pinches at the present.

I enjoy seeing this French creation. You can wear it as often as you want. I won't complain.

Until reading the later posts, I didn't know the adornment was a wifey ear ring. It kind of reminds me of a Japanese Imperial Chrysanthemum. Cool look!
Thanks Mike! I wesr it as often as I can without my other hats getting jealous!

I really like that green hat, especially today! You seem to be able to wear a short or wide brim equally well. Those boots look nice! I like the stitching and contrasting piping.

Thanks Ed! Still trying to find the “right” style for me. I fear no brim, but am a little frightened by some crowns still

You are rocking that Cav Bob! The finish and color is outstanding. I seem to remember this one having some age? 50s?

Thanks Mike! Not sure, but no later than the ‘50s.

Nice! When you get a chance, post up some detail shots in the CBB thread, please.

Thanks Greg! Will do...

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
It is hard to beat that buttery leather overcoat on any day. But maybe you would be better served with the rich green today. That Biltmore...off the charts!
Thanks Red. I decided to stay with the buttery leather, but did throw a green scarf into the mix to be on the safe side.
DSCN9395 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Didn't see much in the way of wearin' of the green out there in any case. Or maybe I just didn't notice.

Per special request from the Mattster, I will bring out the "Huggy Bear". It just seemed festive with all the plumage (there are green highlights, some type of exotic chicken...). This Cavanagh rolled brim homburg like creature is all disco...kiss me I'm Irish! No really, there is Irish in my veins, mother's maiden name was McCollough.

View attachment 110873 View attachment 110874
The Huggy Bear looks great. Looks a lot like my Dobbs. Maybe I shouldn't have tossed the feather band I took off of some old western. Ha ha

Michael

Thanks Red. I decided to stay with the buttery leather, but did throw a green scarf into the mix to be on the safe side.
DSCN9395 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Didn't see much in the way of wearin' of the green out there in any case. Or maybe I just didn't notice.

The Huggy Bear looks great. Looks a lot like my Dobbs. Maybe I shouldn't have tossed the feather band I took off of some old western. Ha ha

Michael
When I fished this one out of the bay, I had every intention of a new ribbon treatment. The feathers kind of grew on me. It will remain my example of disco inferno 70s pimpin style.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Another beauty Daniele. You make it look like al European hats are exceptional.
Thanks Richard, I try to do my best to choose the hats in a European market that has numerous opportunities, without a close focus on brands too well known. In Italy the competitors of Borsalino (Barbisio, Panizza, Cervo, Vanzina and others) have made hats of the highest quality.
The pleasure is to find them and try to have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points