Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
The vintage Tress & Co.
IMG-9150.JPG

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Anyone who’s ever read my posts here probably knows that my love for hats is deep but narrow. I only like Open Roads and Panamas. So, to me, this hat is the best of both worlds...it’s a Panama OR. It isn’t straw...or shantung. It’s genuine Panama. The only place I know of that sells them is Meyer the Hatter, in New Orleans. And, truthfully, I’m not sure they still do. I was there this past January, but neglected to ask.

AF

I was there in April and bought the last size 7. They can't get any more of them from Stetson. I think there's one or two left in the store.

I haven't been absent THIS long since I started posting years ago. Apologies for such an extended hiatus!

ATTENTION PHOTOGRAPHERS!
Ever had this happen? I've been avidly shooting photos since receiving my first camera in 1966, and this is a FIRST! Photo-bombed by a fly fly-by, in a brownish line of blur, straight across my eyes! But then I noticed in the first shot it appears to the right side of me, a grayish blur above the ladder, over the water. Up north at the cabin, contrary to worldwide reports, there seems to be NO abatement in the flying insect count.

Wearing a Panama Hats Direct favorite with a loosely applied vintage silk pug.
IMG_1566.jpg IMG_1567.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 121451
They are nice hats.Mine came from Meyer as well.I don't want to send you in the wrong direction but I think I remember that Del Monico had a panama Or made exclusively for them.

I think I'd be shopping for a hat, in general. I wear a certain style most the time, so I'd probably be looking for something in that range, although no one hat, specifically.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Looks like you had a great time Red. And looking sharp and well hatted all the way through.

Thanks Wesslyn. The pants are vintage LL Bean, so they can't have been too far off the beaten path at one time. On the east coast at least.

Thanks Stefan. I could pretty much wear that one all week long and not feel like I was short on hat.

I'm kind of liking that look.

Another trio of nice hats and outfits. I really like that Knox. Every time I see it.

Thanks all,
Michael
Thanks, Michael. I find that I don't have enough Knox hats; great quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24