Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Been away from this thread for a while, dealing all that is going on with my very 'real' life of late... deep breath... deep sigh.

Have missed all of you gents and your terrific hats!!

Ephraim, what a GREAT way to come back to this thread- to see you looking very handsome in this WONDERFUL hat!! :) :) :) Love the ribbon and trim details- excellent for you Sir.

Ephraim Tutt said:
G'day Loungers! Geez, noone seems to have missed me!

Rosie Boylan is probably Australia's best hatmakers and milliners. She's most well known for her work on Australian film, such as Baz Lurman''s Australia and Moulin Rouge, The Piano and a long list of others.

Rosie made this one as a one-off bespoke fedora for me. My instructions were to produce a modern take on the classic fedora - high crown, 2 1/4" brim, underwelt. The ribbon was dyed specifically for this hat.

I wore it to the art gallery today...

IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg
IMG_0032.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Agreed. And what about our ol' pal, Sue?

BobC -- we know you're out there...:whistling

That's right! Where's Sue?... Last time she posted she was making teddy bears for a kid's charity... I think.

deanzat

One of the Regulars
My Stetson Deanzat Hybrid (so-called because I converted it from a giant-brimmed, cattleman's crease western).

So far, every hat I've tried has been uncomfortable in 107 degree heat, so I figure, if I'm going to be uncomfortable anyway, I can at least use the sweat to further resize this size 7 hat to fit my 7 3/8 head!

126604373.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am BACK!

Hey guys, I am back. Today is the first day I have been able to get onto the Lounge in weeks. Jackie and I went on our every two year trip to England to visit her family, who all live there. We were there for five weeks and I had a hard time getting onto the internet to keep up or post pics. We returned last week-end and I have since been frantically trying to catch up with work, court, etc. I scanned back several pages a few minutes ago and saw that Gene and several others were looking for me; tickled me to no end to see that, since in so many forums people come and go and are just fleeting. Well, I'm here to stay!

I also noted that we have several new guys here since I was gone--welcome to you all!

I don't start many threads but I will put up a short one in a few minutes, with some shots from our trip over....all with hats to be sure!

Today I wore my Dobbs Hanover Square (courtesy of Gene might I add) out and about. Its warm here, 101* today I believe, but I love my felts!

DobbsHanoverSquare071710002.jpg

DobbsHanoverSquare071710001.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mr. Paladin said:
Hey guys, I am back. Today is the first day I have been able to get onto the Lounge in weeks. Jackie and I went on our every two year trip to England to visit her family, who all live there. We were there for five weeks and I had a hard time getting onto the internet to keep up or post pics. We returned last week-end and I have since been frantically trying to catch up with work, court, etc. I scanned back several pages a few minutes ago and saw that Gene and several others were looking for me; tickled me to no end to see that, since in so many forums people come and go and are just fleeting. Well, I'm here to stay!

I also noted that we have several new guys here since I was gone--welcome to you all!

I don't start many threads but I will put up a short one in a few minutes, with some shots from our trip over....all with hats to be sure!

Today I wore my Dobbs Hanover Square (courtesy of Gene might I add) out and about. Its warm here, 101* today I believe, but I love my felts!

Great to see you Mr P - and looking so chuffed in that terrific Hanover Square

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ephraim Tutt said:
Great to see you Mr P - and looking so chuffed in that terrific Hanover Square
:arated: Glad to see you back, Mr. P! Any good hat finds or cigars in England? I'm sure you had a great time.

frussell

One Too Many
Nice

Bart, we have similar taste in hats and dogs. I just lost a good old Boston Terrier about a month ago, they are hard to beat. He was down to one eye, had seizures, mostly deaf, but always in good spirits and ready to entertain. Cheers, Frank

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
frussell said:
Bart, we have similar taste in hats and dogs. I just lost a good old Boston Terrier about a month ago, they are hard to beat. He was down to one eye, had seizures, mostly deaf, but always in good spirits and ready to entertain. Cheers, Frank

So sorry you lost your friend, Frank. Bostons sure are a special breed with loads of personality, except ours makes you think there is a midget, bean eating, tuxedo wearing trucker sleeping under the covers with all the snoring and other noises.

elvisroe

A-List Customer
As always nice lids lads!!!:eusa_clap

Ephraim Tutt said:

A particularly interesting hat Mr T! The dimensions are perfect for you.

As for me, it's been the fairly pedestrian old Fed iv in the cold of the last few weeks. It really is getting nice and soft and starting to develop a bit more personality.
DSCN4082-1.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Thanks Elvis - Rosie took great pains to get the dimensions right.
You're in Sydney aren't you? You need to pop down to Rosie's studio in Newtown and have one made for you. She's a gem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner