Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Newly-arrived Knox Premier...

KnoxPrem.jpg

Man I love this hat. How you choose which hat to wear I will never know.:eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
I know there's a Loungers Whom You Miss thread, or some such, but I'm puttin' this here:

Where have Torpedo and Mr. Paladin been lately?? I miss those guys. Are you lurkin'? Major League hat-wearers in my opinion and all-around good chaps.

:)

:arated: Especially Torp has been away for quite some time now. His last post is from early January. I even started a thread two or three weeks ago to find out about his whereabouts. [huh]

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Rosie Boylan

G'day Loungers! Geez, noone seems to have missed me!

Rosie Boylan is probably Australia's best hatmakers and milliners. She's most well known for her work on Australian film, such as Baz Lurman''s Australia and Moulin Rouge, The Piano and a long list of others.

Rosie made this one as a one-off bespoke fedora for me. My instructions were to produce a modern take on the classic fedora - high crown, 2 1/4" brim, underwelt. The ribbon was dyed specifically for this hat.

I wore it to the art gallery today...

IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg
IMG_0032.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Today: Stetson "NOSTALGIA"

Mid grey Stetson "Nostalgia." (These are modern felt hats designed on an 'old school' look of the Golden Era - so you can buy them 'today'). A really fine quality hat, with a good sized ribbon and brim. Takes and holds a crease well. Quickly becoming a fav of mine.

PADDYVINTAGEPROFILE022.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Thanks Mario & fellow Aussie, Binkie.
Yes I'm feeling relaxed Mario. It's a brilliant, sunny and cool Brisbane winter's day today. I spent the afternoon wandering through the Qld Gallery of Modern Art wearing another work of art on my head.
What could be more relaxing than that?!

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ephraim Tutt said:
G'day Loungers! Geez, noone seems to have missed me!

Rosie Boylan is probably Australia's best hatmakers and milliners. She's most well known for her work on Australian film, such as Baz Lurman''s Australia and Moulin Rouge, The Piano and a long list of others.

Rosie made this one as a one-off bespoke fedora for me. My instructions were to produce a modern take on the classic fedora - high crown, 2 1/4" brim, underwelt. The ribbon was dyed specifically for this hat.

I wore it to the art gallery today...

IMG_0028.jpg
Good style there.

PADDY said:
Mid grey Stetson "Nostalgia." (These are modern felt hats designed on an 'old school' look of the Golden Era - so you can buy them 'today'). A really fine quality hat, with a good sized ribbon and brim. Takes and holds a crease well. Quickly becoming a fav of mine.

PADDYVINTAGEPROFILE022.jpg

Great photo Paddy, very classic look, the Nostalgia is nice for a modern hat.

Mr. Tutt, your custom from Rosie is dashing indeed!

jbucklin

Practically Family
mayserwegener said:
1930s Borsalino this past evening. No liner so great for summer nights.

4800561303_01556818f2_b.jpg

Where do you guys find these pristine vintage hats!!? Help a newbie out! Throw me a bone!

That Borsalino is a beaut!

jbucklin said:
Where do you guys find these pristine vintage hats!!? Help a newbie out! Throw me a bone!

That Borsalino is a beaut!

Thanks! :) Its my current favorite.

Just a bunch of endless searching and good luck. The larger sizes ( >= 7 3/8 59cm) are much more difficult to find. For example this 1930s Borsalino is a size 6 Punti (59cm or 7 3/8) so a rare find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred