Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is my first assignment (I already had AP Calc in high school, so I'm not sure why I have to take it again [huh]), so we can't rightly determine whether or not it's a "lucky" hat lol.

Thank you for the sentiment, though. I got a 4.0 freshman year, and I'm tryin' to shoot for that again.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Goofin' around. Mine's a fairly modern Stetson Tom Mix. The other one is very similar but unmarked. Seller had them crammed into a pretty small box and that's a lot of brim on both. Took a bit of work to get them looking the way they were intended. I think they're both 4X. Not terrible, but nothing I would ever even consider buying at full price. But they've got the look for sure.

39980_430431055908_630485908_4804417_8197714_n.jpg

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
Goofin' around. Mine's a fairly modern Stetson Tom Mix. The other one is very similar but unmarked. Seller had them crammed into a pretty small box and that's a lot of brim on both. Took a bit of work to get them looking the way they were intended. I think they're both 4X. Not terrible, but nothing I would ever even consider buying at full price. But they've got the look for sure.

Those hats are great.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Dinerman said:

You guys ROCK!!!

You should be fighting crime or something!!!

jbucklin

Practically Family
Welcome CitizenGenet! But be warned----this hat addiction thing is very contagious and this site may not be the best place to go if you want to steer clear of this afflction!! lol

I shaved off my facial hair (too scratchy for my wife---I was only getting cautious little "granny-kisses"). Once I shaved, I was immediately unhappy with the look of my Fed IV. So, I messed with the crease a bit and ended up with an Indy pinch. What do you guys think? I ask this since I had gotten a few compliments on the wider pinch (as seen in my avatar) from some of you.

Photo146.jpg

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Neophyte said:
First full day of sophomore year of college. One positive compliment, and 0 negative comments...so far!

CampdraftUniversity1.jpg

Tennessee, Knoxville,right? Looks like the Stadium parking garage to me. Got my PhD from there, started wearing hats there as well. I worked with Arts and Sciences Advising... good times.

Mr. Paladin

Wow! There are some great hats the last few days! Today I am in my tan Stratoliner as I head out "hotel shopping" for the March HATCO gathering! I am pumped!

TanStrat001.jpg

DOUGLAS

Playboy Airlight

One of my holy grails. Although there is a fair amount of tracking on the crown the hat is basically unused. Stitching is tight, the sweat is strong and supple and it has that super saturated color. It also has a bound brim. The crown is very soft and is easily dented with zero effort. The brim seems to have some stiffener in as it is more rigid than the crown and has snap in it. Love the ventilated crown.
DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0621.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot