Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scala New Yorker

menjon.jpg
[/IMG]

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Enjoying your New Yorker already? I've heard it's new, how is it? It looks good, and has a great color. Light grey's one of my favorites, I should know this; I own one. ;)

I swore I wouldn't wear it for chores and work. It was only supposed to be for out and about, but I'm breaking that rule already. I don't wanna go back to my old lid! The hat is fantastic. Better quality than I expected out of a wool felt and very lightweight, hardly notice it's on your head. I do like the color more than my old brown hat too.

Enjoying your New Yorker already? I've heard it's new, how is it? It looks good, and has a great color. Light grey's one of my favorites, I should know this; I own one. ;)

delectans

Call Me a Cab
We have been away over the Easter weekend, and I am just now catching up on the forum.

Wonderful hats, gentlemen! Mike, Perry, you gents are looking dapper this morning! :yo:

Good Friday. '20s/'30s Dobbs.

Saturday evening. '40s Dobbs 20.

Easter Sunday. My oldest hat, the '20s/'30s Dobbs again, in front of something much more ancient!

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
We have been away over the Easter weekend, and I am just now catching up on the forum.

Wonderful hats, gentlemen! Mike, Perry, you gents are looking dapper this morning! :yo:

Saturday evening. '40s Dobbs 20.

Easter Sunday. My oldest hat, the '20s/'30s Dobbs again, in front of something much more ancient!
Great bashes!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Al-- great shots! I especially like the Saturday evening shot with your violin case and blue Dobbs-- there IS a violin in there, right? ;-)

Okay, I'm cheating a little, because this photo was from yesterday, not today. Mallory Torino derby after a homemade cleaning (still needs a reblocking/sanding because there are strange striations that puffed out in the crown when I soaked/steamed to get the ketchup out). This photo just prior to going to the in-laws'.

059lc.jpg
[/IMG]

bostonbrewer

New in Town

delectants, I love your hats. Could you tell me how wide the brim is on that brown '20s/'30s Dobbs?

Al-- great shots! I especially like the Saturday evening shot with your violin case and blue Dobbs-- there IS a violin in there, right? ;-)

Okay, I'm cheating a little, because this photo was from yesterday, not today. Mallory Torino derby after a homemade cleaning (still needs a reblocking/sanding because there are strange striations that puffed out in the crown when I soaked/steamed to get the ketchup out). This photo just prior to going to the in-laws'.

059lc.jpg
[/IMG]

Very sharp, B-man.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. That Dobbs is PHENOMENAL. The proportions on that hat really portray the quintessential early 1930's fedora styling. Everything about the hat is just incredible and you were it exceptionally well. You have some awesome hats, but that Dobbs has to be my favorite thus far. Excellent!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nice lid, Bowlerman! That pipe is very cool. Ive always wanted to smoke a pipe, and if I ever decide to take it up, Im going to buy a pipe just like that one.

Thanks Josh! The pipe is a new acquisition to my other collection. Peterson "Dublin churchwarden" with sterling band, for when you're ready to take it up. ;)

Zetwal-- +1 on that cobalt Borsalino-- beautiful saturated color!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner