Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Rick

Practically Family
Josh, nice lid, some great work there!

Excellent hat, T Rick. You don't look too happy about getting a brake job, though.

True, I don't. Didn't realize I looked so terse when I posted it, it was mainly just me holding the computer up in the air (to avoid it "looking up" from my lap), and trying to get a decent angle and frame on the hat. Plus I'd not showered or shaved yet, that makes me a bit surly... ;)
Lookin" good, T Rick!
Now if we could just find a way to have the brakes installed on this hat thing... would be much less expensive in the long run.

Thanks, quite true on the expense. But if the rest of you are anything like me, I suspect we'd simply channel the funds, attention and interest into yet another hobby (I have a half dozen fairly costly ones, tough to allocate the funds to each at the same time!).

jwalls

Vendor
100_0498.JPG

Today's hat. I made this one about 15 years ago and I still like it when the weather warms up in Las Vegas.

Trying to keep a game face on at the Apple Store... the only thing making me smile was my old No.1 Quality John B. Stetson. Love this hat.

060311.jpg

Last edited:

Tenorclef

One of the Regulars
Today was a chill out day and a nice opportunity to wear my new Christys 'Superfine' panama in the garden. We don't get to many nice days here in the UK.

ChristysSuperfinepanamafolder.jpg

Last edited:

One Too Many
So I picked this up from the bay for .99 cents + Shipping. When I got the hat, the brim was completely misshapen, the crown had dents, and the thing was really dusty. However, the straw was in excellent shape and the sweatband was like brand new. Im not a fan of the low tapered telescope look, so I used my FF3 Stetson block and reblocked the hat. I then gave it high front pinches because the pug is so damn wide. Its very cool and comfortable to wear, but Im still looking for that vintage panama.

Before:
S3012184.jpg

After:
5793464121_5e76672bf7_b.jpg

5794050126_8e89283fe1_b.jpg

5794055734_20408943b5_b.jpg

5793482141_fa55a9d7b7_b.jpg

The auction link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=290565291228&si=aEFVm%252FdenFDCuzE%252FO2glM%252BnRvDk%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT[/QUOT
Hi Josh, nice hat and great style, the front pinch looks fine, enjoy it. ¡¡¡¡:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Lastmohecken

Familiar Face
I need to get where I can post some pictures one of these days. Anyway, I am wearing a Sunbody cowboy hat, handmade from Palm Leaves, today. It gives me a fair amount of shade, but it's very tightly wolven and not all that cool in the hot weather, but it sure is tough as nails.

I am waiting on a man to get here, to shoe my horse, today. And I recon we will be in the sun, and it's hot today, but I am not complaining, because I had really gotten tired of all of the rain and storms we have been having. However, I think I am about ready to get another venilated Straw cowboy with a nice, real leather sweat band for this summer weather.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
New to me via RobStC (arrived today): 1920's Austro-Germanic (...:rolleyes:) long hair fedora 'Eleganter Sporthut'. I will post some more detailed photos of the hat over the next few days.

Thank you once more, Rob! :D

sportlicher_herrenhut_06_04_11.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou