Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great hats:
Eric
jwalls
alan
Dave
hutch.
pw043.jpg

Straw Pilgrim today, I think mid-50's vintage.

Nazarin

New in Town
I have recently bought a quasi-boater. It's thinner than proper boaters, but I think it is more comfortable for the hot weather. I miss the rigidness of brim on the original ones though.

zdjcie0194002.jpg

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Zetwal, you amaze me with your hats, another gem I would say. One question, do you find the felts OK in the heat down there?

Thanks, hatophile. It's really super hot down here. Popping in and out allows some flexibility. But if I am going to be outside for an extended period of time I will generally wear something very light. No matter the conditions, I do always take into account both the weather and what I plan to be doing when I choose what to wear.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Lots of great hats today-- I especially like that straw Pilgrim, hatophile!

What to wear whilst taking my kids to the pool...?

Going with my cuenca sub-fino. I got one of those cheap unblocked ones a few months back, and managed to put a bit of a teardrop in it, and a crude brim shape. I really wanted the simple look on this one, so I literally just tied a 1/4" strip of leather around it with a double knot for a band. I sort of wish it had a sweatband though.

I had to downgrade computers this week, to a sorely outdated mac, but will post pics when I get it updated (ie; my browser is so bad it won't even let me log into imageshack...).

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Zetwal; That is a grand Stratoliner. The brown is a very rich color. The shape of the brim flows in contrast to the rise of the body. Very nice lines in the "oldster" strats. I hope you are cooling your heels this hot day. I visit Huntsville, TX a few times each year and man I admire the heat tollerance of the locals. Our local weather is rivaling Hunstville (in the high 90's).

Feeling a bit Texas hot, Eric -

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Zetwal; That is a grand Stratoliner. The brown is a very rich color. The shape of the brim flows in contrast to the rise of the body. Very nice lines in the "oldster" strats. I hope you are cooling your heels this hot day. I visit Huntsville, TX a few times each year and man I admire the heat tollerance of the locals. Eric -

It's been many years since I was down there, but Huntsville is indeed brutal. I agree with your read on the hat too. This one gets a lot of wear. I think you can see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot