Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
m0nk: Thank you for your kind compliment, I really appreciate it.

Dennis: Thanks. Your Porcelain beauty does the same to me!

Alan: You are far too kind, my friend, but I thank you nonetheless. Gotta love that Roman tailoring.

Perry: Thanks, and I always look forward to your daily(almost) hat-of-the-day posts with pleasure!

Ale: Grazie, amico mio!

Manfred: Many thanks for your very kind words!

Jared: Thank you, I cherish that hat. It accompanies me to work everyday.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, Al! Every bit of it.

And Eric-- allow me to add my sentiments to the crowd: I never tire of seeing repeat images of your fine collection!

Great Stetsons, too, this morning, David, Perry, and Eric!

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for your kind words, Jeff, I really appreciate them. On a different note, if it were not for our commitment to the Minnesota Orchestra's Bravo, Brahms series beginning this Thursday, we would be driving over for the Mahler 7th!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
And I, too, appreciate your sentiments! :) Mahler 7 will be an exciting concert, to be sure, but MO's Brahms will surely be sublime! (Plus they have a few more core players than we do down here... ;)

Joe Rotax

Familiar Face
I am troubled by showing the color...man I got to take a class on how to operate my camera.

It may not be you or the camera.

Some materials take on a very different color when photographed; so much so that in the film days it was common practice in advertising photography to send a few test shots to the lab to try and get it filtered properly for the final shoot.

Felt seems to be a problem for color accuracy and it gives the auto-focus cameras a rough time too because it seems to absorb the focus light rather than bounce it back to the camera.

I took this picture of my Stetson 4x Beaver SB and, while the guitar cases and couch are color accurate, the hat is way off. It's also a slightly different color in every picture from the series but everything else in the photographs stayed pretty much the same.

Anyway, this is my daily rig for the winter months...lol
Img_1783AA.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
It may not be you or the camera.

Some materials take on a very different color when photographed; so much so that in the film days it was common practice in advertising photography to send a few test shots to the lab to try and get it filtered properly for the final shoot.

Felt seems to be a problem for color accuracy and it gives the auto-focus cameras a rough time too because it seems to absorb the focus light rather than bounce it back to the camera.

I took this picture of my Stetson 4x Beaver SB and, while the guitar cases and couch are color accurate, the hat is way off. It's also a slightly different color in every picture from the series but everything else in the photographs stayed pretty much the same.

Thank you a thousand times, Joe, for these encouraging words. What a relief! I thought it was just me and a few similarly challenged techno-dolts.

scooter

Practically Family
Well, I know from personal experience, that I can take 3 pictures of the same hat and it will appear to be a different color in every picture. Not even I, am that bad at photography. Flash on, flash off, indoor, outdoor, it can all make a dramatic difference in color appearance. Best results seem to come outdoors in the sunlight.

EggHead

Practically Family
Hat color in photos will often be affected by surrounding and dominating colors. Try shooting against white surroundings. Also light metering may not be correctly guessed by the camera.

DRB

One Too Many
Hat color in photos will often be affected by surrounding and dominating colors. Try shooting against white surroundings. Also light metering may not be correctly guessed by the camera.

I agree. Also, a solid bright red felt background yields good results as well, indoors with no flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21