Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
joshr.jpg

Amusing, and very well done ... :yo:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
awesome shot, RBH/Josh! :)

Al-- Hats just look so at home with the lake and Chicago skyline in the background . I always enjoy that silverbelly Optimo. Great shots!

After lengthening and deepening the dents, and swooping the brim more, I decided on my Dobbs Americana lord's hat for a walk with my son and my dog this morning.

I'm trying to make sure I can still pull off the lord's hat without any beard or hair. ;)

009copyv.jpg

coble

A-List Customer
Josh, awesome photo, what a great idea.

Jeff, i think you still pull off the Lords hat, its one of those hats that has become you. In my opinion i'd be able to recognize you from a distance, due to that hat style becoming something thats a part of you. I hope that makes sense hahaha. Looking good man.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks coble! I've been meaning to congratulate you again, too, on your sweet palm straws! Great blocking, great style! I also enjoy your personal open crown, wide brim sunbody!
I tried (gulp) opening the crown of my Atwood palm straw "Gus" hat, and found it extremely difficult to work with. I did manage to hand curl the brim though. ;)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
I-Puppy, that Hat looks very nice. Cool with brim up.

D-Guy, very nice VS too.

Al, great photos, great City, a great smiling Al, with great Optimo. I love your trips and photo sets.

Rusty,very good job done. Thats the new Movie with Josh as Actor.:cool:

Jeff, cool photo. The new look looks great. The Hat looks great too.

H.Herdick, sharp photo.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
CircuitRider, yes, the age that could be the same. The problem is, that nobody knows the brand. Chapeaux Moderne Royal Beaver Twenty.
No information found to this.
Could you post a photo from your hat?

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I'm trying to make sure I can still pull off the lord's hat without any beard or hair. ;)

009copyv.jpg

You can and do. The muttonchops compensate nicely for the missing beard.

(I'm bidding on a lord's hat thanks to you!)

Ord. Guy, that hat is sharp on you. Looks like a nice ribbon treatment.

Manfred, your serious countenance makes you look like a spy. :)

Nice shot of you and your Penman, HH! Does it have a reverse taper?

Last edited:

clossonrr

New in Town
The wife and I went out the other night to a fundraiser cross dressing dinner party. It was a very fun event! I wore the modern stetson whippet. Unsure if I quite enjoy the dimensions of this hat yet, I go back and forth, but it was the hat of choice today.
himbo2.jpg

002.jpg

Some great photos posted yesterday and today. I am racing around trying to prepare for a road trip Monday... came in to the office to form the mountains of stuff on my desk into neat piles so I feel like everything is under control. :eeek:

040712.jpg

happy easter, happy pesach!

RBH

Bartender
The wife and I went out the other night to a fundraiser cross dressing dinner party. It was a very fun event! I wore the modern stetson whippet. Unsure if I quite enjoy the dimensions of this hat yet, I go back and forth, .......
himbo2.jpg

Back and forth seems right!!!!!

Just kidding.. the modern Whippet looks good on you.

The crown seems right... the brim maybe just a little wide.
NOW.. keep in mind the vintage specs are not like the new hats.

Brim to crown is way different between new and modern.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, thanks for the nice comment. Yes, spy behind my dog. I took a photo and he runs down the street. Nothing happen.

O-Guy, thats a sharp looking Hat.

clossonrr, very nice photos. The Hat looks good.

Alan, very nice cap you wear. I like it.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
BJ, those proportions really work on you!

A little late with the response, but thanks Randall et al. I really feel quite comfortable in the 2 1/8” brim width. It’s actually what I wanted to do with the moonstone Fed before I bought it but didn't have a decent hat to replace it if I messed it up.

Today was the 2 1/4” brim brown Fed. It rained all day; I was excited to get the crown and brim shaped up nicely, but of course it didn’t rain when I was outside. Might break down and just soak it myself, but thought the natural approach might lead to a more organic shape.

Brown472012.jpg

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
dimensions look good on you. what does the bash look like from the side and rear? diamond, center dent, c-crown etc? looks like you have done a nice job

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
dimensions look good on you. what does the bash look like from the side and rear? diamond, center dent, c-crown etc? looks like you have done a nice job

Thanks. It’s a diamond bash. I’ve been really hit and miss with the camera lately and these weren’t very good. Planning to reshoot and post in the fed thread eventually. I’ve been worried about it being too bulbous on the sides. I like the look when I’m holding it, but I’m not sure from the photos.

TrimmedFed.jpg
3b.jpg
2b.jpg
1b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy