Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
The X-ray showed a clean break which should heal OK.

Good couple of hats, Alexander. I especially like the Toggery.

David, you may have to give up kickboxing once and for all. Sure you may have dropped the guy, but at what cost? :)

Seriously, get well FAST!

Neo, nice hats. I'm also a fan of the first. Is that a copper-colored ribbon? Still on my wish list.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, Hatto and Alan. The X-ray showed a clean break which should heal OK.

Good couple of hats, Alexander. I especially like the Toggery.

Thanks, David. It's a favorite of mine as well, as it is the only truly vintage hat I own at the moment.

Get well soon!

David, you may have to give up kickboxing once and for all. Sure you may have dropped the guy, but at what cost? :)

Seriously, get well FAST!

Neo, nice hats. I'm also a fan of the first. Is that a copper-colored ribbon? Still on my wish list.

Thank you. I'm looking at the ribbon right now, and to me it looks like a rich milk chocolate. But with all the tan in that photo and the light quality in the iPhone shot, it definitely looks copper in the photo.

Great to see you Alex.

I look forwrd to see what magic Mike works on your Buckaroo.

I have one waiting on me ...next chance I can get over there.

Thanks Rusty. I'm still around, I just got tired of posting the same few hats. I also haven't had much disposable income as of late and, let's face it, this forum is terrible for your wallet. lol

As for the Buckaroo, I asked Mike to reblock it with a slightly shorter, less tapered crown and a quarter-inch or so reduction in brim width. I'm very much looking forward to it :).

Any details on your lid-in-waiting? Or are you keeping it a surprise?

RBH

Bartender
Thanks Rusty. I'm still around, I just got tired of posting the same few hats. I also haven't had much disposable income as of late and, let's face it, this forum is terrible for your wallet. lol

As for the Buckaroo, I asked Mike to reblock it with a slightly shorter, less tapered crown and a quarter-inch or so reduction in brim width. I'm very much looking forward to it :).

Any details on your lid-in-waiting? Or are you keeping it a surprise?

No really a secret.. it is a new Beaver Brown outdoors type fedora... I am looking forward to see what Mike has come up with.
This is one of the few times he has not sent me a photo.
And funny thing is, I am glad so far he hasnt!

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
102F or so today, wind chill over 105, lawn work lasted about 11 minutes in the shade of my old Resistol San Antonio, then off for sushi and cold beer!

Hope everyone is staying cool, cheers! KC

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, what a message! I hope for a speedy recovery and my best wishes! Get well soon!

Alex, great Hats and nice to see you back!

KC, nice Hat, as ever. Fits you great.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Heal quickly, David! In the meantime enjoy the elegant combination of hat with cane!
I'm envious of everyone's fine straws this week. Alan-- I don't remember seeing that one before; it's great!
Alex, very cool Toggery. Have you posted detail photos of that one before?

I wore a Stetson 3X OR yesterday, fresh with a new teardrop. Actually starting to enjoy lower crowns/wider brims... Am I getting too conservative?

imgp2279x.jpg

P.S. Rusty, I finally tried a little lighter fluid on the brim scuff of this hat, and most of it came right off! I might give it another spot treatment to see if the rest comes clean too. Thanks for the tip!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all the good wishes, guys!

Jeff - love the shot with your doggie.

At the office today with my new corporate look :)
The hat is my Adventurebilt.

smugshot5515426-L.jpg

Chief000731

Practically Family
Such a Tragedy very sad and horrific those poor people I feel for each one of them... Chief.

Heading out to see the new Batman movie with my brother and my nephews. Movie here we come.

The horrific shootings in Aurora, CO., USA on Friday have made us pause in our plans. Our hearts go out to the families of the victoms. But we, like many, are determined to live life not in fear of the lone crazy person. Off we go.

As we have all experienced, the movie theatres are cooled to low temps. That must be an ploy to entice us to purchase warm popcorn and other treats. In any case, I am wearing my VS Bluesmoke and a Pendleton Board Shirt, whilst I go and pick erverybody up. This evening I will leave my hat in the car in its carry case. I think that would be prudent and respectfull.

IMG2371-M.jpg

Thanks, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner