Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
20120831_171023.jpg

3x Stetson OR on my way to a needed haircut!

Genesee Country Village

We've had the whole family home for the first time in a while this past week... today we visited an old favorite haunt in Mumford, NY - about 50 miles from Buffalo. The restoration village is the third largest after Williamsburg and Sturbridge - much quieter too.

090112_4.jpg

090112_6.jpg

090112_3.jpg

Donna and the girls decided to ride a helium balloon - a Civil War restoration.

090112_5.jpg

I preferred to keep my feet on the ground and watch the animals.

090112_7.jpg

Last edited:
There was a marvelous new exhibit in the Museum with a pile of 19th C. hats. I had a hard time taking pictures, but here are a few. There were many top hats:

090112_10.jpg

This beaver hat was made in Rochester, NY some time after 1847

090112_8.jpg

A woman's bonnet in plaited leghorn straw.

090112_9.jpg

and this great hat, marked as a "fedora" from 1870.

090112_11.jpg

I wore a Dobbs panama today.

090112_1.jpg

090112_2.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Che, thanks my friend, I give that compliment return! Your feeling for style
is outstanding. I love it!

Alan, splendid photos, the Dobbs Panama fits good in this old building!

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
Gentlemen, outstanding crop of hats all! Alan you and Seabass have a beautiful set of twins there, plus wonderful shots of the old top hats and 1800's balloon!
We finally got much needed rain and cooler temps after two month draught. Off to dinner in almond Open Road 4X, Cheers from KC!

RBH

Bartender
Here are a couple of shots from yesterday at Buckaroo Hatters.

I think the Major looks good in a fedora.

72030748.jpg

Not so sure about me in a top hat... but Mike did a great job on this one!
He said it was not hard pulling it on the block, I dont believe him!

99039812.jpg

Mike, back in a western where he feels at home.

114fp.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
20120902_155859.jpg

Took the puppy to Ft. Funston, right at the edge of the Pacific (although you couldn't tell through all the fog!), for his first off leash outing today. Sporting my Dobbs Gay Prince.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The past couple of days I have been at our cabin up near where the Mississippi river begins out of a spring - Itasca Park, MN. Our cabin in on a 6 mile lake, Long Lake. Lots of Long Lake's in MN, "Land of 10,000 Lakes." Our cabin is near Park Rapids (south of Itasca Park). The cabin is hidden within the pines and birch trees. It always reminds me of my Granfather's place out on an island,in the Baltic, off the coast of Finland. First 2 days we gave the old cabin a fresh coat of paint. I took only a milan, as the weather was 50'sF to 85'F. Great vacation!

IMG2614-M.jpg

Took pics of the "Blue Moon (2nd full moon in a calendar month)." I tried hard, but I could not capture just how brilliant the moon and its lumious beams refelcted upon the lake. It was truly a sight. My shots did not turn out.

IMG2585-M.jpg

IMG2628-M.jpg

IMG2627-M.jpg

Pic taken late evening before taking a sauna. We have a sauna above the boathouse which is conveinent to jump in the lake.

IMG2607-M.jpg

New Dept.Nat.Resources rules say that if a tree falls in the lake it must stay put! It offers natural cover to fish and wildlife. I like this fallen tree on the other side of the boat house.

IMG2610-M.jpg

Saying goodbye this afternoon to the cabin and heading back to Mpls/St.Paul, MN. Näkemiin.

IMG2647-M.jpg

Back at home and finished walking the dogs around the lake.

IMG2658-M.jpg

I hope you are enjoying the weekend. Hyvää päivää. Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo