Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Optimo Teal Lightweight

P1050313.JPG

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I absolutely LOVE that hat! It has the perfect flange shape. Proportionally, its just perfect and you wear it extremely well!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I think his black Stetson is one of his best. I couldn't hope to snag one on eBay, so it goes on my list of "hats to copy." The only thing that can't be copied is the age, but you can't have everything.

Robert, I've got stars and no stripes and you've got stripes and no stars. Great e-day colors from a master of diversity.

Very nice portrait today, Cicero.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Jared, cool! Nice weather for a straw hat! You wear it well!

Thanks Manfred! I really like the shade of brown on your Echter Mayser.

Jared, cool! Nice weather for a straw hat! You wear it well!
Thank you kindly, I was wondering if anyone was gonna notice the little brim flip. I also really like your wool bowler, one of the nicest woolies seen on here in a while, no doubt!

Jared, you're really enjoying a spell of fine wx there! I dig the tee, too.

I've actually been cooped up working on my MA thesis, but the pup demands a walk, and I must oblige. :cool:

I like your style, you seem to be able to pull off a look that the average man couldn't
Well, this may be the nicest comment I've ever heard, thank you sir!

David: Nice Borso, is that a felted ribbon?

Al: Wonderful photos as always.

Perry: That Caxton looks great with the gentle tilt to one side, very dapper.

Javier: you sir, are always excellently matched, today is no exception.

Tom: great crease on that CD.

Jaxworx

Familiar Face
Not much of a hat today. This is a soft, cotton product of the Phillipines that is suitable for my annual ritual of aged eggnog mixology. I make a little over two gallons, bottle it, then set it aside until nigh on Xmas. My level of personal dexterity demands a washable cap. :)

63161_10151239109858469_1408241088_n.jpg

JAVIER

Practically Family
Thank you all for the kind words, the Rollable Borsalino is one of lf not my finest hat, fitting for such a high stakes day.
Very very nice hats for such a day fellas.

Jax, care to share .... the tricks of the trade?

Last edited:
Jeff, Thanks! But you are the Bowlerman! Great look with the FP Black Cherry!

Al, Wow! So many fantastic hats and photos! I do not know where to start!

Manfred, Thanks! Super Echter Mayser! Beautiful shade of brown!

Alan, Way to go with the replay! The Fray sweatband is a beauty!

Robert, Great form with the Optimo Teal Lightweight! USA colors on Election Day!

CC, Happy to hear your electricity is back! Congrats on the Stetson 10X! Also the others look great too including the Wolffie one!

Jared, Thanks!

Tom, Good choice with Akubra CD! Like seeing a hat get real weather use!

Cicero, Fine job with the Stetson conversion! Looks fantastic!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great Election Day hats everyone.

Thanks for the Borsalino comments from earlier - seems a long time ago now.

Jared, yes - the Borsalino has a felted ribbon. My only example.

Al, great locations, great hats but....

The pasty reminds me of home and is making me hungry!

CC - great news that you finally have your power restored. We were down for a week in the big snowstorm this time last year - gets annoying very quickly!

scooter

Practically Family
Fellas, there are absolutely some standout hats on here today. Actually last couple of days, and I am too lazy to go back through and detail every single one of you by name. Just absolutely wonderful hats to all, but I do want to single out Sam's Stetson 10x and Cicero's conversion. Man oh man, what a couple of beauties those are. And again, I mean to take nothing away from anyone else!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
That Beaver 20 is a great looking hat, AL. Now I want a peek at that antique refractor. Wonderful photos!
We are on a different campus each weekend this fall. I'm loving the adventure.

Appreciate the kind words, Alan. The dome was really much too dark for good photos during our visit, but I will endeavor to take some pictures of the Brashear refractor and post them. It is a real treasure.

I applaud your excellent selection today for heading to the polls. Campus visits are fun. I find myself particularly interested in the dormitories and libraries for some reason.

Al, what a great looking art festival, and college campuses? That must be very exciting for you and your family! What beautiful hats you've contributed today.

Just returned from the voting precinct in my Falcon Park black cherry. I have found that after shaving and cutting my hair, I don't tend to wear the higher crowns or rolled brims nearly as much. Is it a bit overbearing?

Thanks, Jeff. It is hard for Lydia and me to believe, but Ryan is a Junior this year, and so we are getting an early start in touring college campuses. I really like your less hirsute look of late, and the Falcon Park looks commanding and stately without a hint of being overbearing.

Al, fantastic photos and hats.
Did Lydia the camera? Or Ryan? It doesn't matter! Both are very talented in handling the cam!
You are looking good in the photos and that always, my friend!

Manfred, my friend, your are too kind as always! Lydia and Ryan were both behind the lens for the photos. I set up the shots and hand them the camera, and I am blessed with their aesthetic sensibilities and extraordinary patience. Your Echter Mayser Grand Prix looks superb!

I agree, that W & W beaver twenty stands out.

Thank you, EggHead!

Al: Wonderful photos as always.

Many thanks, Jared! I really love your beautiful beach portraits with your straws. Can almost hear the surf and gulls and smell the brine.

Al, Wow! So many fantastic hats and photos! I do not know where to start!

You are much too kind, Steve! Fantastic Melone you sported this weekend!

Al, great locations, great hats but....

The pasty reminds me of home and is making me hungry!

Thanks, David! After the piping hot pasty we were so full that we had to postpone dinner until after our evening concert. And so it was, with the delicious pasty still fresh on our minds we headed over to The Anchor Fish & Chips in Minneapolis at 10PM for some fish & chips, sheperd's pie and...pasties! There, did that make you hungry all over again?! :p

Last edited:

Jaxworx

Familiar Face
Jax, care to share .... the tricks of the trade?

Separate a pile of egg yolks, add copious amounts of sugar and beat them together. Fold in ridiculous amounts of cream and some milk, then about three liters of booze -- mostly bourbon and rum, with a strong pump of brandy to round the flavor.

Bottle, wrap with foil and let age for 1-12 months. Serve with a grind of fresh nutmeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy