Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Wonderful additions all!

Here's the two trusty lids I wore today, Lee Commentator and a Cairns New Yorker.
IMG_2467.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Sam, I gotta say you are really killin' it with these westerns.

It is great to see the FPs hanging around today, too, HT and Job! I wore my FP black cherry... again.

So many great lids today, David, Alan, Rodkins, splintercellsz, JonnyO!

Perry, black TAR like black tar. That thing is sh-arp!
lauro13, I'm with Randall-- leave it as is-- you'll get used to it! I dig those colors.
Che, love this horsehide, and the endearing pics of you and Moco, both rascals, I can tell.
tomb-- that is one heck of a nice Resistol!
Manfred, thank you for posting those before and after pics. What a beauty!
Javier, I can see why that Lamson Hubbard is a favorite of yours. And thanks for bringing back college memories by shouting out to Wegmans! No supermarkets quite like it!

Eric. This mode edge is fantastic. It reminds me of the one on my holy grail list that belonged to my grandfather. I almost want to ask a hatter to duplicate it, but it's that darned felted edge. The granite VS is also sublime. This is the one: it's a Stetson fifteen moss colored mode edge with a kind of muted copper ribbon.
p3030421.jpg

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
JonnyO, Very Nice,
I have a good buddy who only wears Antiques. They Leave him alone about it but he does feel its Just as safe But he did mod one for the radios ...
But this guy is Hard core he also helps run a FD museum in San Jose Ca & gets to drive the Antiques in parades & toy drives...
He has some Leather ones also Crazy huh....
Oh Yea the lee is a winner !

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Che, your buddy sounds like my kind of guy, keeping the tradition alive. He is definitely right though, just like vintage and modern fedoras, the vintage sometimes outlasts the modern because of the quality, same goes when it comes to fire helmets. As many, including myself say, Leather forever! Thanks for the compliment on the Lee as well, it really is a great hat.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
The Elixir Of Doom

Inspired by the 2001 film, "The Artist", Ryan and his friend Maureen decided to undertake their own silent-film project this past July. Ryan completed work on the script in one week, with Maureen's input, and they enlisted their friends D.J. and Josh to join them. Friends Michael and Miles were entrusted with cinematography, lighting and special effects.

The film was shot in B&W with a frame-rate of 22fps, employing a 1.37:1 aspect ratio. Filming was completed in one week, using historic locales in our town. Maureen wore Lydia's vintage dresses and I supplied the remainder of the costumes and hats, sourcing Maureen's hats from local antiques malls and flea markets at the last minute. Lydia served as Executive Producer, Driver, Production Assistant, Caterer, and helped the kids in many other capacities, while I performed yeoman's duty as Producer, Production Designer, Artistic Director, and Still Photographer when my work schedule allowed.

Ryan and I spent two weeks editing and doing the post-production work and music soundtrack. We hosted the premier of "The Elixir Of Doom" for a large gathering of the kids' friends and families exactly one month following the project's inception, and just a day prior to leaving for our long Summer trip to the Orient.

Josh trying on my VS. Granite, Silk Finish.

1930s Mallory derby.

Maureen ready to go on the first day of filming.

Screen caps from one of the early scenes in the film.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Josh, playing the antagonist Montresor(a character inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's "The Cask Of Amontillado". Maureen, as the enigmatic femme fatale Emmanuelle Chanson.

Waiting for sunset and darkness to fall to shoot a scene. The building and its environs are purportedly haunted.

Ryan, as the leader of the anarchists, in my OPTIMO French cap.

Montresor with cigar and VS.

The protagonist and international spy Viktor Boroshlav sporting an OPTIMO. Modified Cagney, in Porcelain.

D.J., as Montresor's henchman Emile De Grave.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Screen cap of Boroshlav confronting Montresor and De Grave.

Maureen, wearing a ca. 1920s sequined skull cap that I found at a flea market for $1.

Ryan is wearing one of my vintage 1930s tailcoats and ca. 1920s marcella cotton waistcoat with tortoiseshell buttons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24