Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte

A-List Customer
photo.php
My Walton Cordova. I have found very little about Walton hats online. Anyone know about the company? The felt is nice but the sweatband is thin and delicate.

Last edited:

dawgvet

Familiar Face
Bowlerman, great pics of a nice night! Really dig the black cherry color!
Alucard73, great to see people in the judicial system have such great taste! I'd hate to be a crook and see a guy with an imposing hat like that come in to court trying to convict me. Might as well make reservations for one in the big house now :)
Great lids boys. Keep 'em coming

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, my friend, many thanks for your comment! I can see your last night was fantastic!
The Black Cherry a real eye catcher!

D-Guy, very impressive and spiritual photo! Sharp VS!

Alucard, fan tas tic! Congratulation to Job, hat and suit!

Happy New Year, guys!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
D'Guy - fantastic New Year photo!

Jeff - Nice photos, love the BC. I hope the moonshine didn't make you suffer this morning.

Hey DA - the colour combo, crease and the swoopy brim on your VS are just perfect.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

RBH

Bartender
This OR Royal Deluxe looked better in the photo, and will probably become my hat of the day. Preparations including a jar of Ole Smoky Apple Pie moonshine and a Nicaraguan maduro.

sevefun2012010copy.jpg

Jeff you inspired me to take a photo. Maybe you should start a thread
Fedoras with Moonshine!

Here is my hat for the day with a jar of Popcorn Suttons best White Whiskey and a Don Lucas cigar.

004gca.jpg

Picture from our traditional New Year dinner of lobster and homemade pasta. The four pounder's claw was the toughest nut I've had to crack. Took a large wooden mallet and the front sidewalk to get it open.

The best is having our girls home together. Now everyone is camped out watching Northwestern in the Gator Bowl. cheers!!

123112_2.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Very nice hats again!!!

Yesterday, I was wearing the Homburg, but swapped it when I changed my outfit for my '20s Stetson No. 1 Quality.

111.jpg

And for fun, my girlfriend wanted a photo of her in my Homburg :p

210.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It is cold out thar! So cold, it is not fit fer man nor beast! So, I decided to toss some winter garb on, I am wearing my latest modified hat, it was a vintage stage coach, but I gave it a new name....747.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Very nice hats again!!!

Yesterday, I was wearing the Homburg, but swapped it when I changed my outfit for my '20s Stetson No. 1 Quality.

111.jpg

And for fun, my girlfriend wanted a photo of her in my Homburg :p

210.jpg

Nice hats, you both look great...( I had to remember you are a youngster, I got shoes older than your girlfriend) lol! Just teasing ya.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1961MJS, comments out in the town or not, that is a thing of true beauty!

This OR Royal Deluxe looked better in the photo, and will probably become my hat of the day. Preparations including a jar of Ole Smoky Apple Pie moonshine and a Nicaraguan maduro.

sevefun2012010copy.jpg

Same jacket as in the first pic, reversed as a smoking jacket. :)

sevefun2012020copy.jpg

Hiya Bowlerman

Thanks for the compliments on the hat, I like it a lot. Seriously useful Western hat, with a slightly twisted look just like the Doc himself. I've been wearing it a LOT lately since the weather turned cold.

O.K. I know several people from South Dakota and I gotta tell ya, I don't think they wear smoking jackets or drink from martini glasses. On the other hand, they wouldn't say anything either. So how's that Moonshine? They sell it at my regular liquor store, which is the size of a department store in Norman OK. I've considered the stuff with the cherries in it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks LMH2...but it is really easy to crease a hat.
What you need to do is get and old beater hat...punch out the crown and have at it.
Do it over and over till you get it down.
Simple as that!!!

I know I do just a center crease not very deep and a touch of front pinch on my hats, but what you do is nicer and you do it fast like slipping a "C" note to the waiter!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
GREAT hats yesterday, folks!

MANFRED, absolutely spectacular lid!

gtdean, magnificent moonstone!

David, it doesn't get any better than that, buddy!

Alex, I'll second the other favorable comments. Don't let that one go-- really looks great!

1961MJS, comments out in the town or not, that is a thing of true beauty!

Memphis Lawyer, I agree with the others. A perfect match for you! Less symmetrical proportions would likely be even more conspicuous.

Perry, excellent choice!

Eric, that is one of my favorites of yours. Never get tired of seeing it-- what a beautiful color scheme, and super classy-- in fact, top of the class!

I closed the old year with a signature hat of mine: Falcon Park Black Cherry.

sevefun2012003copy.jpg

Here follows a short montage of my evening...

sevefun2012010copy.jpg

Then I boiled up some snow crab for a rare occasion with my wife and kids sitting at the table all at the same time (my daughter's Orbeez centerpiece :) )

sevefun2012012copy.jpg

Same jacket as in the first pic, reversed as a smoking jacket. :)

sevefun2012020copy.jpg

Moonshine induced shot:

sevefun2012029copy.jpg

My "Pieta" with smoking jacket button and black cherry background:

sevefun2012030copy.jpg

Happy New Year! May this one be better than the last.

I have to agree, everyone has some terrific looking hats, including yours! Thanks so very much for sharing so many pictures and giving a "peek" of life at your home as you have actually all done this past year...Bless us all this New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner