Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCF1275.JPG

New camera, nothing does green like Fujifilm, even digital.

Wow! The first thing I noticed was the MUCH shallower (more shallow?) depth of field in this photo, RLK. An obvious glass change from all your previous posts, and your previous posts are all excellent! Superb rendering of the subtle, earthy green!! I always preferred the color from Fuji color film, especially the NHG product. Which camera?

And an amazing lid, as always!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Holidays 2012/2013: "The Root Of Evil" (PART 1)

"The Root Of Evil", not a literal description of our Winter Holiday, but rather the title of Ryan and his friends' film sequel. The Holidays this year were a blur of activity between an exceptionally busy work schedule and preparing for filming during the kids' Winter break. This follow-up film to "The Elixir Of Doom" is much more ambitious in scope, with a significantly larger cast and complex plot requiring exponentially more locations, props, costumes, and...HATS!

Scouting locations in Lowertown, St. Paul the Saturday before Christmas. 1940s Caxton Beaver Twenty.

In front of the historic Union Depot, which we will use for filming several scenes.

Just a short walk from Union Depot, the Landmark Center will be used during filming as well.

Warming up with some hot chocolate at Barnes & Noble before heading home after a long day.

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
Al, you seem to have an inexhaustible collection of beauties that truly catch the eye; and you wear them well. That is one amazing hat, and some very awesome pics to go with it!

Its the Fujifilm X-Pro1 rather Leica-like. Sensor is more film-like it seems. First accurate colors in the green/brown range I have seen. I just need to figure out how to work the damn computer portion.Needed a tripod.

Very nice. I was following the of these new Fuji rangefinder style cameras until the tsunami took the release dates out to sea. Looks like a great choice. Are you using Photoshop? Adobe just made CS2 available for free download.

Hat'sThat!

New in Town
Ooh I love a good hat! Any excuse! ;) I made this little number to match my outfit for an event on New Years Eve and have worn it everywhere since. :cool:

IMG_0537_zps47777be7.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Its the Fujifilm X-Pro1 rather Leica-like. Sensor is more film-like it seems. First accurate colors in the green/brown range I have seen. I just need to figure out how to work the damn computer portion.

DSCF1276.JPG

Needed a tripod.

Very nice picture and hat!

I have a few high tech cameras that I cannot even get to work at all! So I stick with the old nasty cell phones....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Where do I start?
Everyone's looking fantastic today. Eric, Robert, Alan. Those are all stunners.
Randall, what a beautiful shot with your dog!

There's a rare January rain here today, so I had to change into my megahat, ultrawide Charles Carmack. It's my favorite rain hat.

005wo.jpg

Wow, that is wide, I thought my Stage Coach hat was as wide as them come, until seeing this shot! Nice, looks like a really clean blem free hat, too!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Hat'sThat, nice job on your creation: it's very festive!

LMH2, your Strat looks great, you lucky bum! Did your wife find that beauty for you? :)

Jeff, that colossal hat somehow works quite well on you proportionally.

RLK, if anyone has a legitimate need for a high-tech camera capable of capturing elusive hues, it's you. Good looking fuzzy, that one.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Holidays 2012/2013: "The Root Of Evil" (PART 2)

Late morning brunch on the Sunday before Christmas...Ryan's 17th birthday. 1940s Disney Fifteen.

Re-shooting the photos following our meal, after discovering the light post bisecting Santa Claus in our earlier effort.

Beautiful vintage ladies' hats at my friend Tom's antiques shop, perfect for our film. Remember the blue number with mink trim!

Tom brought out another of his recent estate purchases to show us. I immediately recognized it as a very rare and very cool ladies' beach pyjama from the late '20s-early'30s and bought it without hesitation.

The matching top.

A quiet birthday supper, just Ryan, Lydia, and me.

Much to celebrate and cherish...

...and to reflect upon during this special day.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Lounging around on Christmas Day. '40s Stetson Spiral-stitch fedora.

Boxing Day, the first day of filming. Maureen readying props for the scene. Lydia helped the kids while I was at work.

Dry run sans mustaches. Ryan, in the Disney Fifteen, and Josh, in a '30s Mallory Derby.

Mustaches...ON.

Setting up the big camera.

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Second day of filming. A short, outdoor scene in the snow. Maureen was there helping Ryan, along with her brother Martin. Joe, getting ready for his first appearance in front of the camera.

Ryan pooled his birthday and Christmas gift money to purchase an important piece of equipment for the film. The Glidecam, with its 3-axis gimbal, provided significant improvement in camera stabilization and afforded much smoother shots compared with a handheld setup.

Not as easy as it appears, lying dead in the snow. Maureen is holding a bottle of fruit punch, which they used to simulate blood. It was close enough in color temperature to be believable when rendered in b&w.

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1961MJS, that moonshine is really sweet-- literally tastes like liquid apple pie! I splurged on a jar of moonshine cherries, too, and I'd have a tough time drinking it straight-- pretty strong stuff. They only just started carrying it in South Dakota. ...

HI Bowlerman

I decided to try that stuff. One of the guys at the grocery store sized Wine Cellar of Norman OK had tried the apple and the other the cherry. Each liked what they had, so I ended up with the apple. That's the moonshine on top of the refridgerator next to my Tumwater Seattle hat and my Buckaroo Roughrider. The other two pictures didn't turn out as well.

Moonshine_and_Fedoras_03_zps73cec2e2.jpg

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80