Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scooter, Thanks!

A'n'A, Thanks! Your Dobbs 20 looks fantastic! It's tough to photograph black hats!

David, Thanks! Beautiful Cavanagh + shade of green!

Alan, Great Stetson No.1 Quality + snowy back drop!

Thanks Steve. Your hats this week have been beauties (as always)... meant to comment back on the Nagy.

David, I appreciate your comment though I think you would wear old westerns just as well. The nerve (or sans souci) grows with the gray hair. ;)

Collective thanks Justin, A&A, Randall, Manfred, Perry and to all who take the time to follow and participate in this thread! It's the only thing I've ever read with more than 5000 pages. Cheers!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks David. I agree with you on the brim width I have decided that 2.5" is my minimum width. Nice Cavanagh btw. Great color.

Case that VS Max is great. Love the bow work.

Alan, You pull those westerns off as well as anyone here in Texas! Great look! :eusa_clap

Great Dobbs A'N'A!

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, Thanks! Beautiful Cavanagh + shade of green!

Thanks, Steve

David, I appreciate your comment though I think you would wear old westerns just as well. The nerve (or sans souci) grows with the gray hair. ;)

Well, if grey hair is needed, I'm right there :)

Thanks David. I agree with you on the brim width I have decided that 2.5" is my minimum width. Nice Cavanagh btw. Great color.

Thanks, I do enjoy wearing the Cavanagh (well, I enjoy wearing quite a few hats, to be honest :))

AnA - yep, very hard to get detail in black hats without manually setting the exposures.

lauro13

One of the Regulars
Today I'm wearing this hat which will make all you gents cringe. I know this is a forum that does not welcome such pedestrian headgear and I usually post a higher class of headwear on here but I'm pretty proud of this so I'm posting it. Please keep insults to yourselves as I know what an abomination to all that is wholesome and pure in the hat world lays atop my head. I was photographed about a year ago as a project on influential Bay Area designers and it is now being turned into a book which has this as the cover. If any of you folks like some further infor below are some links.
l_zpsaea291e1.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Liz-Caruana-documents-S-F-s-designers-4206137.php#photo-4031724

fashion frank

One Too Many
Your Right But Your Wrong :)

Today I'm wearing this hat which will make all you gents cringe. I know this is a forum that does not welcome such pedestrian headgear and I usually post a higher class of headwear on here but I'm pretty proud of this so I'm posting it. Please keep insults to yourselves as I know what an abomination to all that is wholesome and pure in the hat world lays atop my head. I was photographed about a year ago as a project on influential Bay Area designers and it is now being turned into a book which has this as the cover. If any of you folks like some further infor below are some links.
l_zpsaea291e1.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Liz-Caruana-documents-S-F-s-designers-4206137.php#photo-4031724

While you may be right about that hat perhaps not being everybody's cup of tea , you may also be wrong in regards to everyone reaction to it .

Do I wear ball caps ? no

Do I care if you do ? no

However in regards to the comment about "please keep your comments to yourself ' why would you say something like that , if a person opens themselves up to ridicule, then they in turn ask for it and so be it,
but I also think that if you would visit here more often that you will find that people on this Forum are not as "uptight" as you may perceive.

The reason that I happen to like this Forum so much ( aside from the myriad of other reasons ) is that everyone on here is on the "q-t" on the square as they say and we all get along and express ourselves differently
but there is an over all atmosphere of mutual respect that I find quite appealing.

By the way , I rather like your ball cap, not the hat itself but the styling of the letters and I also noticed that the article talked about all the local talent in your area including Hat makers.

So in closing I hope no offense is taken it's good to see a member in long standing return to the fold and
good luck on that book and any related success that it may bring your way .

All the Best ,fashion Frank

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Lauro - very cool! I've been known to wear a Phillies cap quite often and sometimes (gasp!) backwards. Much easier to use a camera that way around!

Congratulations on getting on the cover, that's just brilliant! Great to see your mate Buddy getting in on the fun.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the comments, all! The Dobbs TWENTY has always been elusive, ever since I got it. Just a hard hat to catch on camera, unless I have a contrasting background. I've been working on the profile a lot, lately. I pushed up the front about a half inch, and I worked the top of the pinch a little more. It's coming together. :thumb:

RBH

Bartender
Cool cap.
I dont wear one often but I sport one when I walk a 5k or half marathon.
My two favorites are one with my cousin, Carlos Hathcock White Feather and another with our towns Yellow Jacket football mascot.
My son played on the team with DeAngelo Williams when we won the State Championship.
So its a special cap.

bh-90hh00bk.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Echo the congrats Lauro. This time of year I usually wear one of many wool beanies on errands up here in the frigid NW. Used to ski and one was essential. I have a small collection of interesting ball caps too. Feels good to come out of the closet.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations mrwilmoth, like the bowler better than the cowboy hat in your avatar. Plus, I just wanted to say mrwilmoth again. You don't post much you lurker you.

kf4rws, welcome to the Lounge, you will find enlightenment here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda