Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAR Wednesday....Resistol Wanderer...
reswan1.jpg

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
A new-to-me Borsalino, one of the famous '40s Bulgarian NOS finds, purchased from member Saucerfiend:
borsolino_zps8a351520.jpg

I've since reduced the side dents, which has diminished the reverse taper, but it's still a square-crowned hat. I've also decreased the rake a little, formed it a bit more as a diamond, and added a dome you don't see here to clear my skull:
borsolino1_zpsbc264052.jpg

Here's the interior, with its wide, caramel-colored sweatband:
borsa1_zps42cd43e7.jpg

A little foam at the back of the sweatband plus the aforementioned dome, and it fits my size 7 head well. What I truly love about it is the reddish-brown color, quite unlike my Royal Stetson Whippet-clone's charcoal brown, and the curl to the lip of the raw-edged brim. The lid has a chunky "I wear this hat for all my activities and I like it" air about it.

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
1930s(?) Penn-Craft. Needs to be steamed to my liking, but for now, the pinch the felt has memorized will have to work.

00411.jpg
Justin, its current pinch has a charming, careless air to it, as though Fred MacMurray picked it up from the coffee table in Barbara Stanwyck's house, plopped it on his head, and got out of there fast before she could suggest bumping off her husband. (Pardon my flights of fancy, all.) The Penn-Craft suits you, I think.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Dude I love the carefree pinch. Tony did one on my Tumwater and I fell in love. I have started going outside the box on my other hats. Nothing looks better to me than a hand-pinched look.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Perry, AnA, Mike and David, thank you guys for the kind words about the Wilke Melone. It's much appreciated.

Teach, great hat the Tumwater, looks very good with the jacket and tie!

David, a good choice the AB, you look sharp with him! Darn sharp Borsalino for today!

Iain, very nice your Homburg, comes good with your coat!

Sam, absolute fantastic, the shape, brim and ribbon looks perfect, a wonderful hat, Sam!

Perry, great looking Resistol for travel, take care!

g-durand, great hat and color, looks sharp on you!

Ipchipster, fantastic looking Semi Colado, congrats to the new one!

Alex, wow, what a hat, an eye catcher that is sure. Looks great your Buckaroo!

Justin, a classic, the new Pen Craft, you look very good with him!

Steve, sharp Mayser, with a great grayish color, very rare!

AnA, very dressy, looks very good and sits perfect!

Eric, the Bluesmoke is a winner!

Paul, that is a very nice Borsalino, great color too. My Congrats to the new one!

Ale, sharp Strat with great vent holes, great job Ale.

Tom, great looking WAR Wanderer!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'm liking these greys today, not to mention all the others too.

David, the Borso is superb.

Justin-- the pinch looks so laid back, it's a nice look!

dusty sage Lee silver label homburg for me today.

001rwz.jpg

yesterday in the tornadic winds, i wore my Baron Hats dark moss bowler. I had asked them for a traditional helmet-stiff bowler with a high, early 20th century crown, and they delivered. This thing will not be blowing off my head.

012vry.jpg

this photo makes me think of a quote made by Common's character, Elam Ferguson, in the tv series "Hell on Wheels:"

"Who cocked yer hat, son?"

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the compliments on the pinch fellas, but in person, it was really funky. It only showed on the right, and looked like a hard vertical line on the front of it. I fixed it to my liking, still has the same pinch going, just with more shape to the front of it :)

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Some stunners today!

IB: nice semi Calado!

David: gorgeous Borso! Love that dark grey.

Ale: likewise on the Strat, I've got to add one to my collection.

Jeff: that Lee Homburg looks great. The three of you havea dashing palette of grey hats today.

Eric: sharp as always good sir!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Justin, its current pinch has a charming, careless air to it, as though Fred MacMurray picked it up from the coffee table in Barbara Stanwyck's house, plopped it on his head, and got out of there fast before she could suggest bumping off her husband. (Pardon my flights of fancy, all.) The Penn-Craft suits you, I think.
Ahhh, "Double Indemnity"... Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot