Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauro13

One of the Regulars
Newer Borsalino travel hat. Earlier today at 5am in the middle of nowhere Colombia. Meat market, not refrigeration, dogs everywhere and the smell is overpowering. Currently enjoying a wonderful hormone free steak!

null_zps22006fd5.jpg

RobertM

Familiar Face
I've been off the Lounge for a loooooooooooooong time and just way, way too many hats and pictures to comment on, but I have to say to Alan and Delectins, your photography is as wonderful ay your hats!
And I think for whatever reason, the Justified hat may not be for me, but sure does look good on Tim Oliphant.

Bob

stevehnh

New in Town
Went on a hike in the Smokies today. Rained quite a bit, but the Adventurebilt held up really well as expected :). It did weigh about 5 pounds more though, 0_o

fBoVgWj.jpg

Jaxworx

Familiar Face
Off to two friends' wedding today. Pretty Wife made their cake for them (triple-layered gluten-free chocolate; mascarpone/heavy cream whipped filling; chocolate ganache icing; johnny jump-ups, lilacs, iris, and gold drogees for adornment).

Sorry about the popped suit collar. Separated my shoulder a week ago and can hardly get the jacket on at all.

View attachment 1459

Hat is a Stetson Firenze, silk finish. Most comfortable headgear I've ever owned. For the feather-averse, please know that I tried on my hat without it and P.W. instantly protested. So feather on it shall remain!

Cheers,

Jack

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Stevehenh, a good hat for a rainy day and a great adventure! Heartfelt Welcome!!

Lauro, that, sounds not good, I hope you get what you search for. The Borsalino has a nice look!

HamilcarBarca3, very nice. You look good with your only hat! Not everybody has more then one hat.

Jared, looks good on you the Stetson Straw!

David, a nice hat that Bailey and looks very good on you. I hope you have a great time with your son. Enjoy it, David!

Paul, I like the VS on you and how you wear him!

Jack, like the feather on your hat, I have on some hats a feather too, nice hat!

Last edited:
Thank you RobertM and all for sharing your comments and hat photos. Apologies to not comment more myself - only a few minutes to check in around work and events. Quick photo in the hallway mirror... I think I'm wondering what day it is.

051913.jpg

Any black flies yet? (Nice shots w/hats BTW).

There were several. At a time. Everywhere. Really... EVERYWHERE! No, Maybe more... Even on this macro study of a native trillium erectum, (AKA "stinkin' Benjamins") a black fly is visible on the left petal. The Painted Trillium (mostly white) has no flys.
IMG_2562_zps48575666.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2529_zps131f20b5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Pre-felted BEAVER Action photos

Although unable to catch any actual beaver action shots, :eyebrows: the evidence of them was quite overwhelming (it takes approximately 1/2 mile of shoreline to support two beavers). Our neighbors' properties were really overtaken by the busy little crew. First photo includes the Panama Bob Cuenca "Beata." Note my sunglasses on the fallen shoreline tree (second pic) for perspective. They can take down some (relatively) big trees! Weather was perfect for pics!
IMG_2526_zps0f05015f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2530_zps7d38631a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2518_zps4be0d738.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2520_zps19695542.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A twilight look...
IMG_2555_zpsb90537bd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The season's greening creeps up the mountain elevation...
IMG_2509_zps3f775a49.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Robert's younger brother, perhaps? Beautiful Bankaru, sir!

Back from a couple of days up north, visiting the suppliers of our felt material... Saturday in a Panama Bob Cuenca, inspecting the work of local BEAVERS!
IMG_2526_zps0f05015f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sunday enjoying the weather, black flies, and life, sporting the Dobbs Milan...
IMG_2501_zps09d03fab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Monte

A-List Customer
David, one crisp 25
hatsRme, thanks for checking the supply!
There has been a soaking rain lumbering through the area...we really needed it.
I needed a beaver felt today that can take the elements so I broke out the big gun from Texas: a Resistol 4X in gunmetal gray. I have pics of me wearing this hat 23 years ago. I've transported it to new closet shelves more than I've worn it since I left the farm.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Monte, yeaha, your Resistol looks like as made for you! Stands you great!

Charlie, both Straw are great hats and you looks very good with it!

Robert, sharp looking Wormser, nice shaving. Looks very good!

Sam, great Carmack and not to forget the Melone, very very nice!

Rami, nice hat for work with a cool swoop!

David, the 25, looks like a 100, sharp hat, and well worn!

Alan, dressed with class, the hat fits to 100 % to the rest of the clothes, very sharp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran