Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great looking Derbies Sam and Alan.
You look well dressed and ready for anything Charlie,
I like the montage TJ with hat boots and guitar.
Very dapper looking Ghost.
And lovely blue champ John!
Cool hommie Matt.

Very nice Stetson, Matt... I have a twin with the same narrow edge binding. Marked 3X Beaver Quality, it came in a box with a sales receipt. Can't remember the date - mid 1950s somewhere.

1930s Hückel´s Velour

11439945835_0e692d3a10_c.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Great looking Derbies Sam and Alan.
You look well dressed and ready for anything Charlie,
I like the montage TJ with hat boots and guitar.
Very dapper looking Ghost.
And lovely blue champ John!
Cool hommie Matt.

+1

Terry, you should be making greeting cards.

Thanks re the Champ, hatophile. It's one of my favorites. I also have a grey one and a brown one (although the brown needs a new sweat). I should probably sell them at the price some folks are asking on eBay and buy a car...

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

+1

Terry, you should be making greeting cards.

Thanks re the Champ, hatophile. It's one of my favorites. I also have a grey one and a brown one (although the brown needs a new sweat). I should probably sell them at the price some folks are asking on eBay and buy a car...

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

You could buy a car, or more hats!

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Sharp looking hats out there today. It's good to see the bowlers (which may well be my favorite kind of hat).
Santa gave me permission to purchase three early presents (all hats, of course). Today, it is the third which came yesterday: a minty Stetson Imperial Homburg.

y3uhe2an.jpg

Matt
A day without a hat is like a night.

The edge binding puzzles me. It looks like it reversed from the more common wide facing out with narrow edge on the rolled in top edge.
Cavanagh, and maybe others too, have the narrow bound Hommies with top and bottom of brim edge is narrow.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Richard; Thanks for the comments about the dove felt. It is a versatile color. In my outdoor shots it suprises me. I do enjoy the suited fedora shots lately.

David; Wow…that hat is special. BTW: Having a snowman watch the bathrooms is kind of creepy.

Andy; Snowy background contrasts and shows off your at today. Sharp.

TJ; Holiday pic is great as I am drawn to the guitar hat pic right away. Who needs people in a pic when guitars and hats are available?

Perry; The Dobbs appears to have a big crown - nice.

casechopper, The Wegener is working for you!

Charlie; Great VS dove and a classic hat/pendleton pic! Thanks for sharing.

Alan; You are the man! Classy derby shot today. We need to see more derbys in this thread.

Ghost; Nice hat and a serious look in your pic today.

John; The featherweight is a grand hat. My computer does not show blue, but I imagine it is quite pretty.

Steve; Hopefully you can here the my clapping all the way from Minnesota this evening, as it is a fantastic hat.

Strapped; Ho, Ho, Ho….Merry Hat Evening!

Just finishing paperwork at the gym and realized that I left my hat on the Cybex machines when I turned on the lights in the back of the gym. I snapped a hat pic just a bit ago. My VS silver belly was the hat that the weight machines wore today.

IMG_6812-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1mach1 - great shop hat!

David - nice Stetson, but do you realise you're about to be attacked by a snowman?

Andy - another fine Stetson

Pery - lovely looking Dobbs.

Sam - always good to see a bowler :)

Nice pair Charlie.

TJones - great western, and the guitar still life is nice

Alan - wonderful derby

Ghostrider - nice job on the rebash

John - beautiful Champ

Matt - lovely Homburg - as already stated it's a nice brim edge

Steve - Gorgeous velour

Strapped - my office Christmas meal tonight -it's going to have to be a red one.

Eric - I'm exhausted just looking at the torture equipment :) Great VS.

Perry, Garrett, Scott, Eric, Thanks!

David, Your Stetson 7XCB is fantastic! Great color felt / ribbon contrast.

Andy, Same with your Royal Stetson!

Perry, Really super Dobbs! Great match of felt, ribbon and binding colors.

Sam, Always happy to see the Wegener Melone in action. Great cold weather hat!

Charlie, Really like the profile of your Royal Stetson. Super! Same with the VS Dove.

TJones, Super Christmas photo and 7X Bradford Western!

Alan, Your L&T Derby is a beauty! The black felt against the snow white.

GhostRider, Super to see a Faustmann fedora. All mine are Trachten.

John Gault, The Champ Featherweight scores a TKO! I am a big fan of the mid ribbon!

Matt, What a Homburg! It's certainly Imperial! Contrasting colors and unique binding treatment.

Strapped-4-Chache, Great festive Red Hat!

Eric, Super photo and hat! The observing VS Silver Belly.

Richard, You always hit a home run! Really like how you set the brim on the Linney.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone for the comments on yesterday's Stetson. Great hats for everyone too.

Andy - you were right, the snowman dude was in need of a proper hat and I happened to have a Playboy I could loan him for today.

Stetson 25 for me

smugshot_7119747-L.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
hatophile, John Galt, Eric, Richard, mayserwegener, I appreciate your comments on my Bradford Christmas pic and on my guitar still life pic. There's nothing like a Fender Strat or a Telecaster when it comes to an awesome sounding electric guitar! But I love the Martins when it comes to the acoustic guitars!

John Galt, Lovin' the Champ Featherweight my friend! It really looks nice with that crease and ribbon!
Eric, I love the ribbon work on your VS! I especially like the double bow! Really nice hat all around!
Richard, The Linney is nice! I particularly like the swoop you have on the brim, and the jacket, sweater, tie combo adds the perfect touch!
maysewegener, I'm really liking your Huckel Velour! I love that tall crown! That is one nice hat!
DJH, Love the looks of your Stetson 25!

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
David - very good choice for the snowman. I hope he appreciates the quality of the hat on his head. The 25 is quite nice too.

It's something of a sad day for me here. After 20 years of being based in my Cleveland office, the building we're in is being remodeled into condos. Rather than build out new space for us, my company has determined that our entire group of around 300 Cleveland-based personnel will work from home. In many ways we've been doing that already. But it was always nice to have an office to go to. Sad, but it only took a half hour to throw out 20 years of my life. Most of my 20 years of work of course, is on my computer. To imagine that a person's entire career is encapsulated somewhere in the ether.

Akubra snowy river with David Morgan braided band.

View attachment 7314

View attachment 7315

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy