Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks guys! For some reason that color reminds me of Milans, a type of straw hat I didn't know about till I saw them here. Hmmm, next summer....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - I like that broad brimmed fedora.
I don't like much the low crown it have. Felt is too heavy to be a fedora.

Falcon Park beaver
Nice color combo!

Joao, are you in there? ;)
Yes I am. Look the beard ;)

-------------

Was missing my Akubra Sombrero so today it can... shine.
20140904.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Mach, like Daniele, I too like the color combination. The hat looks like it could be very dressy. But you are mixing it really well with a casual shirt!

That's something I'm really appreciating about this forum. It broadens my perspective on hat-wearing. How and with what. Way more options than I would have thought!!

GregNYC

One Too Many
Daniele, is the shape of that chapeau a European one? The overall lines remind me of the Alpine or Tyrolean shape. Is there a relationship there?

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments folks.

Harv - I love that colour combo.

Daniele - another great stingy. I think more people ought to give them a go (well providing they don't take a 61 ;) ).

Greg - nice colour straw.

Joao - the sombrero looks great on you. I'll settle with yesterday's being a dressy western then ;)

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Yes Greg, one of the ancestors of the EU modern hats was the Tyrolean-Alps lid.
The French hat I wore is called in Italy: "alpinetto". That means that it has short brims very curled in the back, a medium crown. For many years it was and is the hat of our "Alpini", mountain troops. Very similar you can found on the heads of other 1900 Eu alps soldiers.

Mach, like Daniele, I too like the color combination. The hat looks like it could be very dressy. But you are mixing it really well with a casual shirt!
Thanks, buddy. The thing I like about this one is that it pairs great with a summer suit, dress shirt and pants, and casual wear. This one sees a lot of use. :D

tommyK

One Too Many
View attachment 17361

Stetson Royal Deluxe Open Road

Same hat I've been wearing for days so I haven't been posting it over and over again. For some reason I'm digging this hat on these hot summer days more than any straw hat I have. It's light enough in color and thinness or felt density that it seems just as comfortable.

g.durand

One Too Many
Stetson Royal Deluxe Open Road

Same hat I've been wearing for days so I haven't been posting it over and over again. For some reason I'm digging this hat on these hot summer days more than any straw hat I have. It's light enough in color and thinness or felt density that it seems just as comfortable.

Same here, Tommy. The light felts work well in the summer for me, although here in coastal northern California it seldom gets so hot that a felt hat is uncomfortable. I've taken the advice of other Loungers who wear felt hats in much warmer places during the summer months. As I acquire more thin-ribbon felts like the OR and others, they are becoming my go-to hats at this time of year.

Tommy, that OR looks awesome, especially with the specs!
Perry, nice look, man. Love the thin ribbon paired with the RS shirt!
Greg, that is a sweet Cav! Looks really good on you.

What a way to wind down the week, Perry! As you Shudde! Fantastic shirt (I really like pineapples)!

No wonder you were offline last night, Greg! Sa-WEET little lid, there, lad!

TommyK is in the house!! Just PERFECT, sir!

My first Panama (PHD, Fino Fino, renovated and re-pugged by A. Fawcett)

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
It's too muggy for felt today here in NYC, but I couldn't resist!

Perry and Charlie, I like pineapples and palm trees too! Great combos, colors harmonize beautifully! I'll have to do my Aloha shirts on the weekend!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner