Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
v
Great view!
Second that!
Thank you.

After getting a lot of running around, and bringing Daniel back home from a doctor's appointment, I snapped this picture with the crummy cell phone. The hat is a wide brim Dobbs 20.
Nice to see Daniel.

Joao, I really like that color. Beautiful view!
Thank you. You Stetson is also really nice.

---------
Seems summer ended too soon. Rain and cold :D
Time to put this wool on the rain. It have been also my moving hat as I carry my things from one house to the other.
20140910.jpg

m0nk

One Too Many
Great hats today all! AnA, I still love that Cavanaugh! Today I've got a Northwest Hats "Bogart-esque" hat that I had purchased late last winter. It's nearly identical to the FPH hat that I had Mike fix up, though with two notable differences: while still beaver felt, the color is granite instead of steel grey, and the welted edge is an overwelt instead of an underwelt. Also, I think the felt is much, much smoother, which means that Mike likely spent quite a bit more time pouncing it.

IMG_20140910_144810_zpsogrsfblf.jpg

ingineer

One Too Many
Gents;
Thank you all for the comments on my Western the other day
Yesterday and today the cheap Strat which has become my car hat.
Stingy but practical in these modern cages.

Richard

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks everyone for the comments on the VS posted yesterday. Stellar display today, guys, from stingies to westerns, Ozzie hats, American hats, custom, vintage and modern.

It's still warm enough here for a straw, so this afternoon the choice was an Open Road Panama, modern version, reshaped into a cattleman's crease.
photo2-1381_zps67acf621.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
That is a great overall shape. What was the original crown shape? I'm also liking this and all the other non-downturned brim shapes I've seen here recently!

g.durand

One Too Many
Greg--it was originally factory-shaped much like it is now. I re-creased it into a teardrop with a snap-down brim, but it didn't quite work in terms of how it looked, so I shaped it back into the cattleman's crease using a block, a flange and steam, forming the dents into the crown by hand. It's less perfect than the way it came from the factory, but it has a bit more character. Here is the advertising photo. I ordered it from Meyer the Hatter in New Orleans, but other sellers carry them, including Delmonico's.

PAOHIDHOHPJOMLMF_zpsd549c408.jpg

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
David, great ribbon work!

Perry, gorgeous color on that PB!

Greg, lookin good!

AnA, happy birthday! Hope it was a great one, just like your choice of hat!

Charlie, thank you much. I hope you enjoyed din-din as much as I ;) lawless you are! I dig it

Eric, just what I like to see. A hat doing hat things!

Joao, looks like it does the trick!

M0nk, awesome bash!!

Steve, superb hat, but that shirt is where it's at. Keep Em coming!

Richard, looking good!!

G, I like the reshape, nicely done!

---------

My cousin and I

3a5e6ena.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone who commented on my Black Sheep from yesterday. That pleated ribbon with the buttons was inspired by a Mallory I used to own.

Hope you had a great birthday yesterday, AnA - that Cav is probably my favorite of your hats.

Borsalino today

smugshot_7561745-L.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Justin, I like the tall crown and the relaxed brim. And the vintage processing on the photo.

Dave, great color combo with the shirt! If I had any thin-ribbon felts in this transitional season, I'd wear one today!

GregNYC

One Too Many
Custom 100X belly beaver from J.J.
(The splotch on my nose is sunblock. Sorry, I was running late today!)

9f96876bad5c5ca58694a74a28e93dc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran