Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Not much Lounge time available for me lately. Some good looking toppers today as usual, gents.

VS "Mahoot" tonight.
Mahoot1_zpsb5206ac1.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Alan, you look smashing in that cap!

GD, at that angle, I can't help it, the crease in your Mahoot reminds me of the drill sergeant hats from my boot camp days. You look just as tough!

88f14c4750d0dfdf4e35903f859080c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Home finally and catching up on the posts today.

David; The Adam Mainstreet has a LOT going for it. Dimensions, ribbon and bound snap brim. I love mine and continue to look for companions. Perhaps we are better served looking to the fine custom hatters for hats to wear in the interm.

Manfred; Good to hear from you. I hope all is well.

Greg; Very sharp fedora. Your pic composision brings out the texture/color of the fedora felt against the brighter modern art on the walls in your pic. I like the pic.

David; You wear black cherry well. It is complimentary to the dark pallet of attire you wear in the pic.

Perry; Your excellent pic of a modern Strat takes nothing from the great shirt color and pattern.

Greg; Gray herringbone and the silverbelly work well. I can not lie, I like the profile of the Strat. Hats.

Harv; Nice hat and sweater.

Javier; Always dressed well sir. I tiip my hat.

Charlie; You and Perry coordinate. Pendleton…ahhhhhh, the excellent and elegant choice. In your case nothing beats a morning whiskey.

Jeff; Marvelous lord’s hat this morning. Appears to an excellent choice of hat to be supervising the yard people doing leaf pick-up chores.

A’n A; Thanks for the comment. On the back seat is a 50 Strat and a VS Wanderer. I cleaned the Strat recently. It came out sparkly clean. A bit of Lexol on the leather this morning and good to go.

Alan; Cold but sharply hated. Pics-just awesome! Thanks for sharing.

G.D; The Mahoot is a hoot! Very intriguing colored felt. As to the hat – a true piece of “Art.”

It has been enjoyable to tune in this evening.

Best, Eric -

GregNYC

One Too Many
Eric, I agree about Greg/Ted's Bogart. I liked It so much, I'm ordering something similar from Mike at Northwest too!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hey Eric, I didn't know you had a Mr Main Street as well. What colour is your version? I've been looking for another for a long time, but they just don't seem to come around.

A more common, but still cool hat for today - Stetson Playboy

smugshot_1729109-L.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
This arrived on Wednesday. A new Simonds 8-panel in medium-weight wool with calfskin leather sweatband.

More in the Caps Faction.

79d0a57c8b294fb41697d56b5bf546bd.jpg

Last edited:
g.d, that is a stunning VS. I really like the shape and the brim width. Looks great on you, sir!

S4C, good man! Keep the summer alive!

David, sweet green Playboy. It looks new!

Greg, that is beautiful! :eusa_clap

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Garrett-- wow! I missed that conversion. It is outstanding!
Alan-- what an amazing Navajo hat band. very cool.
Joao-- you are rocking that brown western!
G-- that mahoot looks a different color every time i see it. amazing hat!
David-- i'm still waiting for one of those babies to fall into my lap, i mean one that's not listed on eBay for $599.99... it may be commonplace but it's sure a sharp looker.
Strapped 4 Cache-- great looking straw.
Greg-- sweet cap man!
Perry--- what can I say? :eusa_clap

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
B-Man: That homburg looks superb, your the reason I decided to challenge my thinking years back beyond stingy fedoras; and hard to find anyone who wears a rolled brim better than you, but we'll try ;) . I like the original Nick Tahou's #1 but pretty much all the Hots places have there own version nowadays loads of fries, mac salad, 2 cheeseburger patties, deiced onion, Rochester style hot meat sauce and squirt your fav. condiment... oh a piece of bread...... So good but you need the tums.
Javas has like 6 locations now, I'm guessing your referring to the on Gibbs st, now coined Jazz st do to our international Jazz festival, one of my employees has a part time job there. What was your bands name and musical style? Oh, Eastman theater is pretty sweet. I'll stop now before the gents get bored of reading about lil ol Rochester in Upstate NY.

(Sorry, everyone, for the digression.) I didn't know Java's expanded so much! My band "Dispenza" (named after our biggest fan who never missed breakdancing to our shows) played every Friday night at the Gibbs St. location for a year or two. Got to know Mike (the owner, at least back then) and Rich Calabrese a bit during my time there. We played kinda progressive jazz with a lot of hip-hop and funk-inspired beats-- you know, we were crazy, artsy Eastman school folk ;) -- two saxes, two drummers, and an electric bass. We stayed together for a couple years after college, and the other fellas kept on doing similar projects (and are still-- touring internationally at major jazz festivals) while I pursued an orchestral career. I love what I do, but often fancy the life my ole bandmates are leading. :)

JAVIER

Practically Family
Very dapper gents
B-man: I love jazz, I have been playing Latin Jazz, and Caribbean music since the age of 9. Don't get to play as much but my 5yo girl jumps on my drum set and bangs out. :)

Wynewood for today

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Bowlerman - Eastman School - that explains a lot about one's musical approach. I went to grad school at U of R and went to the Eastman concerts a lot. Eastman House for films too (but that's another subject)!

Javier, I play salsa, timbales actually. I once saw Ray Barretto's group in Rochester at a Knights of Columbus there....

Last edited:
Perry, Perry, Perry! That Weckony kicks a@@!!!! I love it!
Javier, great looking lid, man.
Charlie, I really dig that mahoot. Every time I see it, I like it more and more.
Joao, super! The ribbon color looks great with the brown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB