Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Okay. It's been a while gents! So, my new connection Historyteach24 and me not only share classroom experiences but as a special request, he asked I share my new acquisition from him...Knox in the house!! Gonna take some getting used to wearing Homburg lids. But I thank him for having this one available to try! ;)

Looks awesome! Glad it went to a good home. Interesting side note it has a little local history, on the hatband it says it was sold from a hat store in my hometown, so glad that it has now been put out across the country for others to enjoy.

NewJack

Practically Family
Thanks 'Teach! To be honest, one doesn't see to many fedoras in my nieghborhood-let alone Homburgs! My father wore one as preacher and it never dawned on me that I would somehow follow in his footsteps [huh]. It's in my rotation along with my vintage charcoal tweed topcoat! :cool:

Michael, Alan, Greg, and Stratcat, thanks for the kind words.

Stratcat, on second look it does seem a little green, but this hat is most definately grey. Maybe it's picking up on some of the lush foliage in the background.

G.D. that start looks awesome!! Vintage? What is the color? It's a good one.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Another three hat day! :eusa_clap Great choices.
Those days are not "common" ;)

I changed out the Campaign style bow on my Indyesque Stagecoach for one that's basic and simple. Sometimes simple is better and the 8 ply mid-ribbon was just too much for a campaign style bow. The 8 ply ribbon of itself is enough, I think...
Nice ribbon work. I do enjoy seeing those Stagecoaches.

Looks like the wide brims have us covered today, men. Good morning to those terrific ribbons Terry. You never fail to improve, or just add great variety, sir!
And Joao, JOAO, JOAO... A Three-fer day, brimming with broadness!
You know me ;)

And a silk plush bowler for some grocery shopping today.
Now that is a tall bowler!

g.durand

One Too Many
Greg, Charlie, Dale, thanks guys.

Dale--the Strat is sort of a milk chocolate brown, vintage, mid-century or so. I would peg it at maybe late '40s or early '50s. It's got a liner design you don't see too often and oilskin at the crown tip. And best of all, it's a long oval.

IMG_4898_zps60569b85.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Good to see every one !
I've got to catch up on the fine hats here.

Charlie Congrats Grandpa !

Royal Stetson today
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3465%3A%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A6%3B%3A%3A%3B4734%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C797%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A6%3B%3A757234%3Bnu0mrj
:cool:
che

Last edited:

LeBois46

One of the Regulars
Some real wowzer toppers on this New Years Eve day, gentlemen! I'll try to catch up later!

Today the "Gatsby" Panama from Brent Black.

ad220e4ab2035ae0fe2900ecc89b83ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got one just like it. I wore it this fall all the time until my wife told me to get a nice felt one. Which I immediately obeyed and ordered one. God I love that woman.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Charlie, Dale, Job & Branson, g.durand, ofcoursem.h., Joao, Che, Greg, Nice collection guys. Very well done. I'm envious! I especially envy g.durand's Strat, I've been wanting one of those forever, and I also envy Charlie's vita felt! Still, everybody's hats were very nice!

Charlie, hatguy, Stratcat, Dale, Greg, g.durand, Joao, thanks guys. I appreciate everyone's comments on my Stagecoaches and ribbon work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy